TV Wonder Elite Installation Problems

dangerousbeme

In Runtime
I just picked up a TV Wonder Elite TV tuner card and I'm having some problems installing it. Everything was smooth when puting the card into the PCI slot, but I can't get Windows to recognize the new hardware. It didn't give me that "New Hardware Detected" prompt or anything of the sort. I installed the included drivers but still nothing happened. I've tried taking the card out and puting it back a few times, and used another availible slot as well.

I was wondering if by chance I'm missing or forgeting to do something. Is there anything I have to do in Windows to get it working?

Try a different PCI slot, and install all drivers and software before you install the card itself.

Are you sure that its securly (sp) seated in the slot? It could easily be a defective card, with something broken on it.

Hmm. When I try to put it in, it seems as if the part farthest to the right (farthest from the back of my case) doesn't go into the slot as far as the part to the left. However, the the piece of metal on the card which I secure to the case with a screw is just where it should be in terms of depth.

Should the card snap into the PCI slot and allow me to feel it? Because it more of just slides in...

dangerousbeme said:
Hmm. When I try to put it in, it seems as if the part farthest to the right (farthest from the back of my case) doesn't go into the slot as far as the part to the left. However, the the piece of metal on the card which I secure to the case with a screw is just where it should be in terms of depth.

Should the card snap into the PCI slot and allow me to feel it? Because it more of just slides in...

Is there any way that I could get a video, or some pictures?

KoK's, have you ever actually been inside a computer? Because with mine, it slides to a point, and then there is a last little snap, to secure it in the slot. Ill try and take a video with my phone.

:) :) :)

I took the card out and put it in again while taking some pictures, and when Windows loaded up it gave me the "Found New Hardware" Wizard. The funny thing is nothing really changed at all, and I've been trying to get this damn card to work for over two weeks now.

Well, were you doing it while the computer was on, or when it was off?

Anyways, glad its working now.

Back
Top Bottom