Tv Tuner/ Capture Card

A tuner card has a TV Tuner in it. Capture card can only capture from RCA or S-video inputs(depending on the card)

Ok, so if i want to get tv directly from a cable line then id want to get a tuner card?

Any suggestions of good ones?

Yeah, definetly need a tuner if you plan to use plain cable.

I'm not sure of the best ones out because I tipically just get capturecards. Just look around for some good deals. Tiger Direct usally has some...

Ok sry for my noobism in this area of computing, but im geting confused. If capture cards can only capture from RCA or s-video, then is a cable line s-video? Or when u said that you usually get capture cards you meant that you dont get a tuner card, therfore you dont use a cable line. If so, what is an alternative, and are the alternatives better?

im confused so this post may only really make sense to me, just say so and ill try to clarify

Well that is the card I have, it is a great capture card with a TV tuner and remote control. For me this card as I previously wrote is like a second TV in my living room.
ATI even gives you the option of buying a TV tuner and you can use it for PIP and they also have a HDTV decoder/adapter. It all depends on what you want and how much you want to pay.
But the tuner I showed you one post above is only for getting the TV on your PC and costs much less.

It depend on the card. On some, it's just a TV tuner but on others, you get the best of both worlds. I have the TV tuner and captures videos too. It also comes with a remote which is really nice.

In ATI ALL-IN-WONDER series, they all have the capture and TV tuner; it';s got it ALL. The quality, speed, and other gadgets depends on how much you are willing to pay. You can go from a 4X AGP 64 Meg DDR to an 8X AGP 256 Meg. They also have the pipelined PCI graphic cards.

Back
Top Bottom