TV Tuner

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
So I got that TV tuner.. a 150. It has RCA in it and I got that so I could play xbox. It's a little blurry.. is it my video card, the tuner, ior the monitor?

And I'm getting my 24" monitor in either friday or monday.. so I can try that out...

mostly likely the tuner if it just happens when you video is coming fromt he tuner. if it was your video card it would be blurry all the time. and i 24".......that bigger then my tv in my room

Yeah, I was thinking it was the tuner. They said the monitor would be shipped the 20th but it was shipped yesterday.. and it's in a town one and a half hours from mine.. they don't deliver here until about 6:00pm though so maybe it will get from there to here today! We'll find out.

I wasn't thinking about it at first... but I looked at my TV in my room and it's a 27".. that makes a 24" HUGE.. I'm going to have to clear off my desk :p

I hope I don't have to send the tuner back in...

try adjusting the resolution on your computer. Memory serves me right, TVs don't produce the same rez as monitors can.

That didn't help...

My monitor came in about 30 mins ago.. I bought it that night, shippied the next morning, and here the next day! All free shipping!

Back on subject.
So you can imagine how much blurryer it is on a 24" monitor.. changing the resolution didn't help either. I'm going to request an RMA and get my money back for it on newgg. I'm going to get a job and save up 700$ and do some research. Spend about 200$ on the tuner and 500$ on my video (4870x2) card. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free :D I am going to join some forums and email some guys and see if they will hook me up :D I love customer service!

Guess I will have to live without a tuner for the next few.. weeks or months.

And I got this monitor, man I don't know if I should start a new thread because this one is labled "TV Tuner", anyways, I got the monitor and before, on the 17" crt, IE would open up right away.. now things are just a Little bit slower. You think it's because of my video card?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815306006

One of the best TV tuners on the market. Expensive, yes, but I have seen this thing in action, and it looks pretty good, unlike this POS LeadTek one I have.

And, yes, the slowdown is because your video card is having to work a little harder, but probably not much. In this case, it deals with how much VRAM your card has, and maybe clock speed... Your 4870 should bring your PC back up to speed, if not faster.

Why thank you very much sir! My only problem is, and it's my fault for not mentioning it before, is that I want to play my game consoles on it. This means RCA...

100$ Isn't a little expensive for what I'm looking for. As I said in my other post, I don't want a half.. err... uranus computer. I want a TV tuner that wont blur up. I was looking around on there and saw some that were 160$ that I would be fine getting, that had RCA, if it was what I'm looking for. I don't want the thing to blur up on me.

I'm going to request an RMA on this old one. Get a job, get the 4870x2 then the tuner. I will spend probably up to 200$ on it. maybe 250$ if it's AWESOME! yay!

lol

Thanks

Oh, and what's the difference between pci express and pci expressx1? LOL, sounds kind of dumb to write that right? lol

in simple terms
the number of connecting pins
and the length of the slot

now i have some questions
could i take the TV Tuner Card that is posted above
and connect that to cable TV? non HD
and still record shows
or will it be too blurry and shotty to spend that kind of money?
thanks for the insight

Back
Top Bottom