Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-25-2007, 03:01 AM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: tv tuner

That page doesn't exist. At least that's what the error message pointed out. Can you repost the link?

Old 02-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #22
Daemon Poster

I tried to reconstruct his link lol...the link had the product number after it so i put 2 and 2 toghether, I think this is what it's meant to be...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815116620

Matt

Mattyl110792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #23
Daemon Poster

ya sorry about the link, thanks for fixing it
ericf1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #24
Golden Master

You don't really need Windows Media Center Edition to use a TV Tuner Card. I'm using (or was) using Windows XP Pro. The reason why it states that it needs Media Center OS is because of it's native support for media decoders. If you have XP Pro with SP2, you're as good as gold. Works great. Yes, it has built-in hardware MPEG-2 encoder on the tuner itself so it doesn't rely on main system resources too much.

It looks like a great card, but no remote. But that's ok though. We're like next to the PC anyways when we watch TV .
Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 AM   #25
Fully Optimized

actually there is wireless tv all you need is a connection to the internet and you can watch tv in your house or anywhere in the world through your computer

Sling Box
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #26
Daemon Poster

but my question is if the card comes with software that lets me watch tv, becuase without the software how would i watch it. something like the powercinema by cyberlink, does hauppauge include it
Old 02-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #27
Golden Master

Media Center could probably play it back with their version of Media Player. You would think it comes with software. It's tough to say. Hauppauage provides a decoder free for download from their support site. If for some reason that doesn't work or you don't like it, at least 2 other free ones (Intervideo, Cyberlink) that are available as well. I like InterVideo a lot. PowerDVD is another good one.

Oh, it DOES NOT come with a decoder to view contents. I just looked it up. You need a third party software as I mentioned above to work.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #28
Daemon Poster

can i just download them from here
Old 02-25-2007, 11:22 AM   #29
Golden Master

Yes, those will work beautifully. At least they make the software available on their website. That's good news. It's a really nice tuner by the way. I wish I had that one right now. The more I read about it, the more I like it.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #30
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Yes, those will work beautifully. At least they make the software available on their website. That's good news. It's a really nice tuner by the way. I wish I had that one right now. The more I read about it, the more I like it.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about it. It'll probably be the one I get for my new build if I end up getting one.