Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-23-2004, 04:32 PM   #11
Daemon Poster
 
The_Other_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,321
Send a message via AIM to The_Other_One
Default Re: TV on comp

Yeah, it should work fine.

I assum your comp has AGP and PCI slots. Your video card goes in your AGP, and the capture card goes in a PCI. Then all you have to do is connect either the coax cable for cable TV or RCA/Svideo for something like a game system, and you're all set.
__________________

The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #12
BSOD
 
FuRgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,692
Default Re: TV on comp

OK, So I'm a noob at this....

WHat is a coax cable? WHat is a RCA/Svideo cable?

I just want normal TV....Not cable...
__________________

FuRgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: TV on comp

I think coax cables are the cables that all game systems use. It has 3 color markings, red, white and yellow.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:32 AM   #14
In Runtime
 
Vandiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 214
Default

If you just want regular tv then all you would need to do is plug some type of antenna into it. Although you live in the UK if I am not mistaken so I am not sure if it is the same as it would be here in the US.
Vandiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:19 AM   #15
Daemon Poster
 
The_Other_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,321
Send a message via AIM to The_Other_One
Default

No alvino... As I thought I said, RCA was the 3 colored plugs. Coax is the cable for cable TV, or yes, an antena should work.

A little mistake that hit me last night... You'll probably only have the yellow input(IE no audio) on that card. More than likely, you'll have to jumper it to your soundcard and simply use the line-in for coax, or perhaps some sort of converter for RCA. No biggie.
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:35 PM   #16
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: TV on comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiyan
If you just want regular tv then all you would need to do is plug some type of antenna into it. Although you live in the UK if I am not mistaken so I am not sure if it is the same as it would be here in the US.
Actually I live in the US. In California to be exact.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:36 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: TV on comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Other_One
No alvino... As I thought I said, RCA was the 3 colored plugs. Coax is the cable for cable TV, or yes, an antena should work.

A little mistake that hit me last night... You'll probably only have the yellow input(IE no audio) on that card. More than likely, you'll have to jumper it to your soundcard and simply use the line-in for coax, or perhaps some sort of converter for RCA. No biggie.
Oh. Now I know...
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:54 PM   #18
In Runtime
 
Vandiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 214
Default

Alvino I was actually talking about FuRgy. But thanks for letting me know where you live.
Vandiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #19
BSOD
 
FuRgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,692
Default Re: TV on comp

OK, I'm kinda confused...I'd appreciate it if somebody could tell me what exactly I'd ned to buy...

I live in UK
FuRgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 03:52 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: TV on comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandiyan
Alvino I was actually talking about FuRgy. But thanks for letting me know where you live.
Oh. LOL No problemo!
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0