Turning off wireless routers

k0409964

In Runtime
I have a new netgear wireless router, and this may be a silly question, but does it matter if i turn it off when i am not using it? will this effect the signal when it is back on, or will it loss any settings? it just seems that the other few wireless networks around me are always on is it just because the people who own then can be bothered to turn them off or is there a reason?
Cheers for all the help!

When i first got my wireless router i used to turn it off when i didn't use it (it doesn't bother settings or goof anything up) but you dont really need to since they dont consume excessive power or anything like that.

Powering off wireless router? I leave it on always. It uses very little power. The only time I acutally turn it off is if my network is screwed up and need to power cycle the router or modem. Your choice though. Just a pain having to turn it on (only a few seconds, lol) so you can go online.

how do people know that is uses so little power? (i am not some kind of hippe by the way!!!)

I didn't look at specs, but if you think about it, it's a tiny little box relaying signals back and forth. The little LEDs on there barely use any power.

Back
Top Bottom