Turn PC into website

culexor

Daemon Poster
I was wondering how I can turn my computer into a web site. I am connected through a router and I would like to know how to link my domain name to my ip and how to host a certain folder off of my drive. If you could help me with this it would be much appreciated (spelling?). Thanks

You mean like make it a server? would u be using that computer solely for that Server? It also slows down your internet connection alot(if ppl download stuff from your website.. assuming it is that kind of site.) You make the website put it on that computer and i assume u foward the (.com) to your ip and local ip. I dont know much about it wait for a second opinion

i did some more research and found that it wouldnt be a very good idea because you reallly need a good internet connection and a computer reserved solely for that site, thanks anyway....im still gonna go through with this because it doesnt hurt to try. i would be hosting it on my everyday computer.

It shouldnt bog down your internet connection to much, as long as u dont have alot of hits. Again idk what kind of website/server ur making, but if its just to get your own files from far away, or to use as backup, ur connection should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom