TuniqTower 120 ?

I posted it, and esited it, IDK why its doind that, that was my mistakes anyways and i apologize about that man...

It doesn't show the "edited by" message if you edit it within a certain time limit.

right kk there was my confusion dint know bout the time limit thin on edited by ......

ace777 i get the feeling im coming on a little like a wonna be mod lol im only joking bout you dont need to apologise to me :)

I'm really tryna avoid resetting the heatsink, the only way I can work with it is to take the mobo out, because 1 screw is impossible to get in there, im so ticked, I wish I sticked with the zalman, this hs is the worse installation ever

the way my case is setup, its nearly impossible to make 1 screw tighter, this thing barley fit into my antec900 case, ill try
The mounting screws are spring loaded so should be tightened as tight as they can go, to the end of the thread

Did you apply the TX-1 TIM or use something else?

How did you apply the TIM?

Is the fan at 100% when gaming?

What are your ambient room temps when your cpu hits 50°C?

What are you using to read temps?

What are your max temps under load with prime95?

im using as5

cpu- 32c
core1- 47c
core2- 47c
mainboard- 33c
gpu- 53c

the cores get to 55c on prime95 with cpu at 100%

im using PC Wizard, but I tried a couple others and they are on point

also, these temps are at idle lol

idle?? something badly wrong there mate.

Regardless of the programme used those temps are too high, you're going to have to bite the bullet and pull the m/board out and reseat the cooler.

Fire the pc up outside the case when you have reseated it just to check before you mount it back in the case to save having to pull it out again if the temps are not right. I usually sit the board on its box lid.

AS5 takes 200 hours to reach optimum conductivity but you're not going to get more than a 1 or 2°C drop regardless.

Use Real Temp with a TjMax of 95°C for 45nm duals

ok, ill reseat the HS. ill check back in a couple hours, ty

maybe try to orient the heatsink a quarter turn (one screw over) in either direction...? my E6600 wouldn't stay on longer than 5 seconds when I installed it with the heatsink oriented a certain way, I rotated it a quarter turn and voila, 40° and up and running, same way with my Zigmatek (great, cheap cooler btw)...

also, how do you apply the AS5...? do you follow the AS5 directions and put a line of it going the right direction in the middle of the contact surface...?

I'm really tryna avoid resetting the heatsink, the only way I can work with it is to take the mobo out, because 1 screw is impossible to get in there, im so ticked, I wish I sticked with the zalman, this hs is the worse installation ever

Jason, I installed the Tuniq Tower on my computer in approximately 20-30 minutes while taking my sweet time and even dusting my whole tower. Installation is very easy; I removed the motherboard, removed the Intel heatsink, pasted the back X plate, applied thermal paste, and mounted the Tower onto my Q6600.

Temps are amazing and I haven't had a problem since. The Tuniq outperforms the Zalman, so you've probably:

1. Installed it incorrectly.
2. Put too much/too little thermal paste.
3. Have a concave heatsink surface on the Tuniq.

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=69853

Also, make sure you've set the Tuniq so that it isn't blowing the hot air back into your computer. The tower should be blowing the hot air toward the back of the computer (depending on your setup), which means the actual heasink will be on its side (see pictures in my thread.)

Also, make sure you've set the Tuniq so that it isn't blowing the hot air back into your computer. The tower should be blowing the hot air toward the back of the computer (depending on your setup), which means the actual heasink will be on its side (see pictures in my thread.)

this is exactly what I was talking about, once I mounted it so that it blew the air out the back, it was good to go...

right kk there was my confusion dint know bout the time limit thin on edited by ......

ace777 i get the feeling im coming on a little like a wonna be mod lol im only joking bout you dont need to apologise to me :)

force of habit i try hard not to offend and appologize lolz..

Back
Top Bottom