*The Tuniq Tower Test*

I decided to spend my money on a new case instead. I got the Gigabyte 3D Aurora. You can read a review here: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/gig-3d-aurora.html
I've had it only a few days and I love it so far. All aluminium construction, full tower, lots of ventilations and many clever features.
As you can see from my sig, I've had to turn my overclock back because of the summer heat (44c in the sun over here just the other day). So I'm not sure if it's worth buying a top-end cooler now because my overclocking will be restricted. I might do some modding and strap another 92mm to my Vendetta though.
And I'm going to drill some holes in the bottom of my 3D Aurora to mount a bottom intake fan as the case sits reasonably high above my desk. It will be blowing towards my graphics card (soon to be HD 4870) so I'm hoping it will be quite effective.
Maybe I should just give up on air cooling at get a phase change or peltier kit:D

I'll write up a review on my case in the review section when I get the time.

And I'm glad you're happy with your Tuniq too, a shame your ambient temps limit your overclocking though.

Glad to hear you like the new case. As far as your overclock goes, its totally understandable to clock back for summer. I might consider going down to 2800Mhz if it gets extremely hot here in Los Angeles.

As far as peltier kits go, I'd be so excited to get one, but I keep convincing myself that I won't get THAT much more out of it. As it stands, I'm extremely happy with a 3.2Ghz overclocked Q6600, and I honestly don't think the price/performance ratio of additional cooling would be worth it for me. If my ambient temperatures were normal, I'd consider higher clocks.

Even though I have always been accused to push things to the limit, I think I'll stop with the overclocking here....for now. :D

Back
Top Bottom