*The Tuniq Tower Test*

It's better than the Tuniq, but there are better coolers out there.

nah no way is the zalman better then the tuniq. Not what I've been hearing over on overclock.net anyways. TRUE or Tuniq are the preferred high end heatsinks.

Well done mate, seems like good overclocks are becoming the norm on this forum, maybe we should change the name Computer Overclocking Forums

Good job with your OC Ghost, glad you're happy with your Tuniq Tower.

And I think we should have an overclocking subsection.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. And I'd definitely like an overclocking subsection.

Whoops, worded it wrong. Meant the Tuniq is better than the Zalman.

But the TRUE is the cooler people are leaning towards if they want the absolute lowest temperatures. Of course it's a little more money. They are going to release a black one too.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12851

The Tuniq is definitely a better performer than the Zalman. And as far as the TRUE goes, I would have definitely ordered it, however I went with the best performer that would actually fit in my case. IMO if you're spending $60-70 for a heatsink, its no big deal paying a few dollars more for the best performer. But again, the TRUE would simply not fit in my case, and the Tuniq Tower was extremely close in performance. I'm happy with what I got. :D

The Zerotherm NV 120 is also equivalent in performance to the TRUE/Tuniq Tower, I'm going to get one if I can't find a Tuniq.

Just wanted to bring back the thread and offer some comments.

It has been a good few weeks that I've had the Tuniq Tower, and I'm still running at a stable 3200Mhz overclock with my idle temperatures ranging anywhere around 35-35*C and load temps around 55*C. Keep in mind that my ambient room temperatures are extremely high, so I'm pretty happy with these numbers.

Believe it or not, these temperatures I'm providing you guys right now are with the Tuniq fan on the LOWEST possible setting via the knob. I have my PC tower sitting two feet away from my on my desk and I like a nice, quiet atmosphere when I'm working. Keeping that in mind, setting the fan on a medium-ish setting is still relatively quiet.

No problems, no weird sounds, no heat issues.

If anyone is thinking about pulling the trigger on an aftermarket heatsink, I strongly urge you to consider the Tuniq Tower. It looks amazing in my case, especially since the fan is integrated into the heatsink.

The Zerotherm NV 120 is also equivalent in performance to the TRUE/Tuniq Tower, I'm going to get one if I can't find a Tuniq.

What did you end up doing? Any new updates?

Oh, and by the way WorshipMe, I incorrectly stated that my top opening inside my NZXT case is just an exhaust opening and not a fan. However, the case DOES in fact have a top-mounted fan also, which sucks in air. The only passive exhaust port is on the bottom of the case.

Cheers,

Chris

What did you end up doing? Any new updates?

Oh, and by the way WorshipMe, I incorrectly stated that my top opening inside my NZXT case is just an exhaust opening and not a fan. However, the case DOES in fact have a top-mounted fan also, which sucks in air. The only passive exhaust port is on the bottom of the case.
I decided to spend my money on a new case instead. I got the Gigabyte 3D Aurora. You can read a review here: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/gig-3d-aurora.html
I've had it only a few days and I love it so far. All aluminium construction, full tower, lots of ventilations and many clever features.
As you can see from my sig, I've had to turn my overclock back because of the summer heat (44c in the sun over here just the other day). So I'm not sure if it's worth buying a top-end cooler now because my overclocking will be restricted. I might do some modding and strap another 92mm to my Vendetta though.
And I'm going to drill some holes in the bottom of my 3D Aurora to mount a bottom intake fan as the case sits reasonably high above my desk. It will be blowing towards my graphics card (soon to be HD 4870) so I'm hoping it will be quite effective.
Maybe I should just give up on air cooling at get a phase change or peltier kit:D

I'll write up a review on my case in the review section when I get the time.

And I'm glad you're happy with your Tuniq too, a shame your ambient temps limit your overclocking though.

Back
Top Bottom