Trying to set up my connection

Nilla_Zilla

Beta member
I just installed Windows XP Professional on my Dell computer, which is my second desktop in my workspace. I have a modem and a linksys router and I am wondering how to get the internet to work on my new desktop (dell) any help would be excellent!

I have one plugged into my computer...yet...idk whats up. Ill try different LAN Cables! *EDIT yep nothing I tried multiple cables, how do I set up a network or an internet connection! I figured this would be easy lol

put the main ethernet cord that runs from your modem to the back of the router into the main slot that says "internet". Then run 2 different cables to the computer. Run one cable from slot 1 in the back of the router to 1 computer. Same thing for the 2nd computer except put it in slot 2. If it still doesn't work, go to the linksys website and i think they have a program to show you how to set it up and confirm the connection.

When installing XP for the first time and then after installing all your motherboard drivers there should allready be a connection set up in the control panel. Go to network properties under control panel and see if its there, if so u might have to enable it. If its not there then go file > settup new connection and then just go through the steps

Back
Top Bottom