Trying to build an affordable gaming rig

Sweet! It comes out to a grand total of $826.76 with rebates... I wonder if I can count on those at all.

Either way, I think I'll be pulling the trigger on this in a few hours, gonna let the decision sink in a bit :)

I'm not sure on the Newegg rebates, i'm in England.

Maybe someone else can advise you on those.

EDIT:

VINMAN46 has just linked a very nice rig there. Very nice indeed!

rebates from newegg are sent to agencies whose job is to go through all of them and then send out the money to those who properly fill out the rebates and reject those who dont. Often their purpose is to delay or deny as many rebates as they can (like OCZ, I sent in a rebate and they said that they never got it. So i fill it out again and photocopy the UPC and send it out again, this repeated 3 more times until they said they got it but their was no UPC attached to it which was a load of bull.) while others like corsair or evga haven't given me any problems whatsoever.

rebates from newegg are sent to agencies whose job is to go through all of them and then send out the money to those who properly fill out the rebates and reject those who dont. Often their purpose is to delay or deny as many rebates as they can (like OCZ, I sent in a rebate and they said that they never got it. So i fill it out again and photocopy the UPC and send it out again, this repeated 3 more times until they said they got it but their was no UPC attached to it which was a load of bull.) while others like corsair or evga haven't given me any problems whatsoever.

Yeah that's kind of the feeling I got from reading reviews on Newegg... i.e. what happened with OCZ... so it will likely be hit or miss, well if they go through all the better I guess, since I'm fine with a 920-950 price point.

I've started taking videos of me putting rebate returns together, and then when they dispute me, I just refer them to the video on youtube. Most companies stop trying to pull a fast one on me after they see the video.

Back
Top Bottom