Troubling Audio Connections

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey guys.

I'm sorry that I've been bombarding you guys with so many questions, but so many things have come up today. I have yet another problem. Today, I hooked up the front panel audio headphone jack so I can have sound on my computer when my parents go to sleep. Well, the case's connections and my motherboard's connections (according to the instructions) don't exactly match up, so I had to guess exactly where they went. It also has a microphone port, but I don't need that since I have a mixer going into the microphone port in the back of my computer with microphones connected to the mixer. All that I plugged into the motherboard were the connectors labeled "R-OUT" and "L-OUT" into the respectable places on the motherboard. I started up my computer again, and the headphone jack worked fine. After a few hours, I then wanted to turn back on my JBL Creature II's because I wanted to listen to some music. So, I turned them on, and guess what? No sound came out. I tried the headphone jack with some headphones. Sound existed. I went into my Sound Manager program that came with my motherboard (I'm using on-board audio with a K8N motherboard) and did the connection check program. It said that the Line-Out connection was connected incorrectly. I twisted the cord around a bit, and checked it again. No success. Then, I unplugged the headphone cords again from inside the computer on the motherboard thinking that that would fix it. I was wrong. However, now my Line-In connection is messed up. It doesn't detect a signal coming from my PCTV when I turn on the cable TV with it, though there should be. Now, the only thing working (I assume; I haven't actually tried it) is the mixer, because the Sound Manager doesn't detect any problems with it. What in the world is going on? Has my on-board audio kicked the bucket or what?

-Jamxx :mad:

EDIT: Now I've got the stuff back to normal, but without the front headphone jack working. I forgot to put back on a couple of jumpers... :rolleyes: For some reason, the Sound Manager still says that there is no signal coming to the motherboard in the Line-In connection, but there actually is, because when I turned on my PCTV to cable television there was sound. This means that there was a signal because the audio cable running from the PCTV to the on-board sound is connected into the Line-In connector. I still can't get the front panel headphone jack to work... That's okay if it really can't be done, but it would be nice. Any suggestions? And thanks!

Any ideas guys? Sorry, but I'm clueless! I really would like to get those headphones working... If it helps, I have an ASUS K8N motherboard, and this case... Thanks for your help!

I feel bad about replying to this again, but I'll give you guys the exact connections between my case and motherboard... On the motherboard, these are:

- MIC2
- AGND
- MICPWR
- +5VA
- Line out_R
- Line out_L
- NC
- BLINE_OUT_R
- BLINE_OUT_L

Now for the case ones... They are:

- L OUT
- R-OUT
- GND
- MIC IN
- R IN
- L IN
- MIC BIAS
- GND

Just so you know, there are two grounding plugs on the case...

Thanks for your help!

-Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom