Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Beta Member
Thumbs down Troubles!!

OK this has been happening for a couple months now..

Lemme start by saying, yes my RAM, video card, and everything is seated properly, as i replaced it all just recently and have checked plenty of times..

My desktop computer restarts when something so much as the cat walks near it, or if im covering up with a blanket by it, or if its bumped, ANYTHING, i just bought a new 450W (from 350) power supply, and its not that..

ive poped off the front panel of the computer where the buttons are, and all cords are still secured with glue.

ive run out of things to check, i have no clue whats wrong with it, or what needs to be replaced anymore..

reedycpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Troubles!!

Some component details would sure help, it would be pure speculation without knowing the details, temperatures etc

E8600@ 4.25GHz, 1.325V | Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme + Scythe Slipstream 120 | Asus Rampage Extreme| 4GB Corsair 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 @ 1600 6-7-6-24| ASUS 9800GTX| Pioneer 18X SATA DVD-RW | 320GB + 500GB WD SATAII | Antec True Power Trio 650W | Thermaltake Sonata | Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 Ultimate
A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Baseband Member
Default Re: Troubles!!

It sounds like something simple to me. I don't know about temp. and RAM, I don't see how that would relate in the least. Sounds to me that if the air is charged with any amount of static, your computer reacts. It may not be the bumping that restarts your PC, it may be a discharge of static when you bump it. I myself would worry about my power supply and/or cables. There could be problems you can't see on the outside. I know you said everything is mounted properly, but I would also make sure that the Mother Board is grounded and stuff.
-AMD Athalon X2 5600+ AM2 Socket (with heat-sync)
-Sparkle SLI NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512mb Video Card
-Seagate Barracuda 400GB Hard-drive
-ASUS M2N-E SLI Mother Board
-OCZ "Platinum 2 Revision" 2GB DDR2 Dual Channel RAM (2 X 1GB Stick)
-450w Power Supply
-Xion Case
Aryonas is offline   Reply With Quote