Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Trouble with wireless devices

Heres my problem.

I have a wireless laptop, a wireless printer (HP 6800) and I have a router. The existing router has been replaced with something called a Livebox from Orange in the UK. It enables a wirless pc connection and phone calls etc.

With my old router everything worked fine, but I cannot connect my wireless printer to the Livebox. I have followed the HP software wizard to try and set it up and it cannot connect with the Livebox. It appears the problem is, the printer cannot make a connection wirelessly with the Livebox. I can connect it using an ethernet cable and it works, however, using the cable is not possible and defeats the whole object of it being wireless.

Does anyone know what the problem may be and any possible solution.

Thanks.

et0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #2
muz
Golden Master

Default Re: Trouble with wireless devices

dunno much about the livebox , they are shit , i am with orange but i dong get a livebox , and i cant wait till my contract with orange is over cos they are rubbish but , try upgrading firmware on livebox and printer if posible . i would also turn off wireless security to see if that is causing a problem but dont forget to turn it back on

Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

I wouldnt use any box provided by an ISP coz they are normally crap and nothing but problems. Not sure about the box you have, but sometimes they have the key for the security printed on the bottom, so maybe that will help you sort it.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
I wouldnt use any box provided by an ISP coz they are normally crap and nothing but problems. Not sure about the box you have, but sometimes they have the key for the security printed on the bottom, so maybe that will help you sort it.
not all the time. my free bt voyager router is great. i never have any problems with it, unless i f**k it up myself. the only bad thing is the signal is ok, but could be better. it goes around my house nicely though so its all good
Old 03-19-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
muz
Golden Master

the livebox is the worst piece of junk ever , by teh worst isp , my friend had one dropped it on the floor , smash o more internet for a month till orange replaced his livebox , he did get the month taken from his bill
Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_se
not all the time. my free bt voyager router is great. i never have any problems with it, unless i f**k it up myself. the only bad thing is the signal is ok, but could be better. it goes around my house nicely though so its all good
I dont mean that they dont work well, i just meant that you havent got as many settings that you can configure compared to a decent router. Obviously the ISPs send them like this, coz the less settings there are, then the easier it is for them to put right
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

yea i see your point. although my router has a decent amount of settings and id still recommend an isp router. mine has pretty much the same amount as a netgear router i hacked into once :P