Trouble with task admin.

Lurion

Solid State Member
Hi there! My first post here!! :rolleyes:

I'm having big trouble with my pc. I installed a new adsl line yesterday and decided to take it for a spin. The problem is that I had no anti-virus, anti-spyware or anti-anything for that case!! (I know, I know... what an asshole!!). Well I did get infected by an incredibly irritating load of crap. Everything started going wrong.

I now have Panda and Adware. I've done a couple of scans (I have updated the antivirus and adware before doing so) and I've rided the pc of lots of crap, but I'm unable to open the task admin for more than a second or two. It just closes by it's self! This is happening since yesterday, obviously.

I'm quite desperate. I'm about to format the c: partition and reinstall everything all over, but I just wanted to check with you guys incase it's not necessary.

Thanks a million in advance!!

Osc.

Well all i can say is yes, a virus or trojan got in your computer & screwed it up....Having a good Anti-virus program is a must !!

You can turn off the system restore for starters/ then reboot to safe mode without networking.

once in safe mode run all the spyware programs you have on you comp./ next click start/ run/ type msconfig/ click startup tab

look at the list & anything that should not be there or anything that looks weird, just untic the box for that program. now click appy & close that.

next go to the prefetch folder in the windows folder & delete everything in there.

now, go to the temp folder in windows & delete everything in there too.

next click start/ run/ type scandisk & run that.

next click start/ run/ type regscan & run that.

then run your anti-virus & scan your whole comp.

reboot to windows & turn back on the system restore by start/ right click my comp./ properties.

hope that helps....

If this would happen to me, I would back up all important files, and do a full reinstall, and learn from the mistakes.

I would have straight away probably just reformatted, but first copied the anti virus etc on to a cd so afterwards i can just load it back on.

Wow! thanks for the help!
I'll try ~mr mixx~'s solution first and if that doesn't work then...

Formating it is!!

See ya!

Osc.

Back
Top Bottom