Trouble with overclock...

nickbuddy1111

In Runtime
Ok so I had my mobile 2500+ bumped up to 1837 MHz with 177x11, and was advised from a friend who always builds m2500+'s and NF7's to put it to 200x10 and put the RAM to SPD, but when i saved and exit'ed it stayed at a black screen... I hope 200x10 is the most it can take, people get them up to 3500+ speeds, i just want mine at 3000 speed, if anyone can tell me what possible went wrong i will be grateful, because my friend isn't online right now.

just take off the battery and let the mobo reset itself. then you canf ool around some more. you probably made the CPU unstable and now it wont boot

um...

Need to take little baby steps up to where it becomes unstable or is past where it runs. Then back up a step or two. Big jumps don't normally work right.

ok thanks for the reply, i reseted the bios and went back to my first settings, but where should i go from here? the computer is 5 days old, should i just stress it at these settings? because i have heard of burning in but am not firmiliar with it. edit: by the way, is that your cat?

yes thats his cat, and did you make the computer? because you should let the thermal paste settle first, also just keep overclocking til you notice something not right then go down a little til u dont notice it anymore

yea, my friend sent me all the parts free of charge, and i built it, ill give it a couple of days before i have at it again i guess, any suggestions on how much to increase? Im thinking i will change the multiplier to 10 and go from 166 mhz to 175 keep it at that for a day and go to 180 the next. Does that sound right?

SOunds a OK to me, but it depends on your motherboard for the most part. If the motherboard will output, the Mobile Athlon willl do its part.

Back
Top Bottom