Trouble installing P4 processor

TerryJones78

Beta member
I am running Microsoft DOS 3.0 on my personal computer at home. Recently, I wanted to install a high-powered graphics programme, Paintbrush onto the system. Realising that AI Electronics ABC 20 is getting on a bit, I decided to go for an upgrade. I have now bought a Pentium IIII 3.0 GHz chip to upgrade from my Z80 processor. However, I am having difficulty installing the chip.

The reason I have not replaced the entire unit is I could not bear not to have two floppy drives - I can't imagine how much hassle it would be to save the contents of the disk to the internal tape drive, swap disks, rewind the tape and then save it onto the second floppy disk - I can't find any computers on sale with two floppy drives.

Could anyone please give me step-by-step instructions on how to install the CPU please? Thanks a lot!!

What kind of motherboard is it, and what kind of cooling do you have/ came with it?
If it supports 2 floppy drives, this doesn't ound like a new motherboard that could support that processor. You should probably check out intel's website and see what motherboards its compliant with.

<deleted spam link>

Back
Top Bottom