Trouble Connecting 2nd Monitor To Desktop - Is It Even Possible?

tgi

Solid State Member
I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my work desktop so I can be more productive :D and make multitasking easier. I want to use it as an extended desktop and not just mirror my current screen. Problem is it only have 1 VGA output. There are a couple of ports on the PC but I do not know what they are, please see first photo below.

-The port under the purple keyboard output
-The port next to the VGA out that is teal in color

I really hope there is a way to connect a second display with the ports I currently have. Buying a graphics card is out of the question. I would however be open to purchasing a cable or splitter if it can get the job done.

TIA

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Why is buying a graphics card out of the question, You can get a quite cheap card that would do just what you want it to..

Why is buying a graphics card out of the question, You can get a quite cheap card that would do just what you want it to..

Well it's a work computer so I doubt they would let me manipulate it internally. But what should I look for in a graphics card? Dual DVI outputs?

Care to link specific models you would recommend?

Perfect, thanks for that. I'll see if installing that would be feasible.

Would I need to run both monitors from the graphics card? Or could I use one VGA port from the Dell and one from the graphics card?

Also, do you know if it's possible to run dual monitors with what I have in the first post?

You should be able to run one monitor off the integrated graphics and one off the dedicated graphics or both on the dedicated graphics.

I could be wrong but judging by the pictures it looks like it might need a low profile graphics card and I can't work out if that 1 you linked to is Low Profile?

Back
Top Bottom