trouble booting from a CD

scleverich

Beta member
I have a HP Brio I bought 5 years ago that boots very well from the restore CD that came with it but no other CD. I am attempting to dual boot with a more modern OS but am unable to get this to happen.
Thanks,
scleverich

I am not sure what you mean by that. I have a 100 Gb hard drive with only half of it used. I have a 25 Gb hard drive for Windows ME and a 25 Gb warehouse for storage. If I boot with the original restore CD I come to a boot screen. If I use any other bootable CD it goes directly to the installed Windows ME partition.
Thank you for your interest
Steve

If you have a Millenium boot disk, insert it and then at the prompt choose to boot with CDROM support. From there, it is not clear what you want to do; change operating system (upgrade) or have 2 operating system. You will have to be more specific on what you want to do.

I am attempting to dual boot Windows ME with Linux Fedora Core 3. I did not mention that earlier because as soon as I mention a dual boot people try and get me into a Linux forum. This has little to do with what I am attempting to dual boot with. I want to learn why I suddeny have a situation where I cannot boot to anything but the original boot disk. I have been able to dual boot before without any problems.
Thanks again for the assistance

Well to realize what you want to do, you will have to have a partion solely dedicated to Linux. Now there is a program called Norton Commander which will give you the option at startup to boot to the operation system of your choice, a bit like XP does when it gives you 30 seconds or so to choose your operating system.
Norton Commander is not a new program, but if you search zdnet or cnet you may find equivalent types of programs (some trialware will do).
Once it is installed, you will have the option to install you new operating system to your designated area on your computer.

Back
Top Bottom