Trouble Booting

coolmission

Beta member
Hello,

I've had some trouble booting my pc, and I mean serious issues. I'll describe the situation.

Computer Specs:

Asus P5W DH Deluxe Mainboard
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 Conroe (2.4 Ghz not OC'ed) with a Zalman CNPS-8000 Cooler
Sapphire X1900XT with Standard Cooler (Not modified in any way)
Antec TruePower 2.0 550W EPS12V Power Supply

Problems:

Whenever I turn on my PC, one of three things happens:
1) I hear the GFX card cooler running at full speed (which is supposedly normal for about 2 or 3 seconds) for 10 seconds, then the computer turns itself off.
2) The GFX card cooler runs for a split second, nothing happens afterwards, I am stuck at the first boot screen, unable to access BIOS.
3) The GFX card cooler runs for 3 seconds, stops, and I hear the Zalman CPU cooler slowly powering up and running normally. In this case I am able to fully boot. This, however, only happens very rarely and only after a certain procedure: I have to turn off the PC by holding the Power Button, then I have to press the switch at the back off my PC (on the power supply) [OFF], then press the switch again [ON], and only after that am I able to press the power button at the front.

Now, I am suspecting that this has to do with the power supply itself, yet I have not been able to figure out what is actually wrong with it. How exactly can I fix this problem without always having to press the switch manually. THe system should be able to restart all by itself (choosing 'Restart' in the Start menu usually ends up in a frozen screen (scenario 2))

If anyone has any experience in that matter or has had a similar situation and could provide any solutions to my problem, I'd be very grateful.

If I should provide any more information about my system, feel free to ask for any.

Regards,

coolmission

Back
Top Bottom