Is TRIM overrated?
I am running out of space on my C300 128GB SSD, and since my b-day is just around the corner I was thinking about getting another C300 128GB and putting them in RAID-0. Im aware that TRIM doesnt support raid, and I guess my question is will I be seeing more performance with the raid 0 or will the absence of TRIM degrade my system?
I seen somewhere that C300 does have a native garbage collection system which cleans the disk without the help of TRIM. How can I access the garbage collection, and what are the cons/pros of using it in comparison to TRIM? Will the garbage collection do just as good of a job as TRIM would?
I know that best solution prob would be to get one M4 256GB, but I just dont have an extra $200 to spend.
Any links regarding the RAID-0 maintenance or anything relevant would be greatly appreciated.
- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor