Transparency with Macromedia Flash

kinser_brave

Baseband Member
I am having trouble with probably one of the easiest things in javascript. I am using a program called macromedia flash 8 to create an animation. I have the image drawn out and it's exactly how I want it to appear on the web, however I have a problem. When the picture is posted on the web, the image appears as a rectangle and has a black edge when the image is actually rounded at the corners, when the background is redish brown. I want to make this black edge transparent so instead of the black edge covering the background, the images appears to have round corners. I know I have to make the edges transparent, I just don't know how to do so, which is why I posted this thread.

Are you exporting a picture from Flash or are you using a .swf? If you exported an image it is most likely a jpg. From what I remember, JPEGs don't have transparency ability. I know that GIFs do so you might want to try to find an option to export as a GIF and there is most likely an option to set a transparency color. If you have Fireworks, it is more likely that it will have the option to do transparency if you can't find it in Flash.

Your best bet is to make the background of the image the same color as the background :)

Also, if you are having Flash generate the HTML, it is probably putting a border around the image. I seem to remember that back when I used it a very long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom