Transferring internet settings, having trouble.

KaratonE

Solid State Member
I'm trying to transfer internet connection settings from this computer to a a friend's computer, I am running Vista, and he is running XP. I cannot find the "transfer files and settings wizard" on my Vista, like the one he has on XP. I have tried using the "Windows Easy Transfer" that was suggested when I searched for help in Internet Explorer, and I am able to put internet connections and settings onto a USB, and have tried to put it on his computer, but nothing happens. I also tried using the transfer files and settings wizard with the setting I had on the USB, but to no avail. I'm really needing some help on this one, so any ideas/suggestions are appreciated, I can supply more information if necessary. Thanks.

Ok,Well do you mean Network settings,or internet settings?

If it's internet settings,more than likely you should just be able to plug your router into the vista computer without a problem.

Ok,Well do you mean Network settings,or internet settings?

If it's internet settings,more than likely you should just be able to plug your router into the vista computer without a problem.

More information time! As you probably know, when you put a new OS on a computer (what he did, reinstalled XP.), you must set up a new internet connection, I have also done this. When I reinstalled XP to fix something, I could not connect to the internet, it was telling me to set up a new connection, I used the transfer wizard to get the internet settings from a different computer and put them on mine, and the internet worked just fine. This is what's going on with his computer, I just cannot remember how I did it, and tried to fool around with it, but cannot get the answer to it. So I am trying to get the internet connection settings from this computer to that one (we use the same ISP and modem, different routers, but that has not mattered in the past.). Is that information any use for diagnosis? I can TRY to manually code in settings, but I have no idea where to get the scripts or where to input them on the other computer.

Anything, my friend is getting pissed because we can't figure it out. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom