Transfer or Parallel Cables

myys

Solid State Member
I have a laptop IBM 365 Think Pad with windows 98SE & a Dell desk top with windows XP Home. I would like to connect to the internet using a transfer (or is it a parallel) cable.

My laptop doesn't have direct cable connection (DCC) loaded. Will this internet sharing work without DCC? Can I load DCC on my laptop which doesn't have a cd-rom just a floppy disk drive?

I want to internet sharing without the high cost of the ethernet.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I looked on ebay and found a PC-Card ethernet addaptor for about $13 total, and a straght though cable for about $5 total(meaning shipping and all) I don't consider $20 high cost considering how much better, reliable, and easier it would be to use ethernet than other methods. Plus you could get online using your laptop after this.

Thank you for your speedy response. Yes, I know that it seems like less money your way but the cables will be free if I just knew which to use. I didn't mean to imply that the laptop couldn't access the internet, it can. Both machines are using the same line individually I want to network using the cable.

I just don't know which one to use. I have dial-up & 56K modem. As you can tell I'm a novice, so please bear with me........

Back
Top Bottom