touchpad and keyboard not working

danny565

Beta member
hi all

I have just done a reinstall of XP on my acer aspire 5003, i inserted the windows cd and formatted my HDD, after all the files where coppied and my computer restarted my touchpad and keyboard stop working so i am unable to enter my username during windows setup, so i cannot get any futher. the keyboard works in BIOS setup so its not a broken keyboard also if i plug in a USB mouse it seems to work fine (i dont have an external keyboard to try).

could someone please help me out as i dont know what else to try

Thanks for any advice

Danny

umm well to b honest i cnt c another way about using an external keyboard and maybe mouse ???

that wud b ur simplest option get external boot into windows and then the chances r it may install it once it has booted in but if it hasnt then u may have to download drivers

my dell pc wouldnt pick up my usb keyboard and mouse so i had to borrow ps/2 keyboard and mouse boot into it connect my keyboard and mouse and wait while it installed then and then they worked fine ... so maybe it need to b booted into windows for drivers to be installed

Is this keyboard of your's have the round colored plug at the end or is it a usb type plug ? Do you have a desk top or a lappy ?

-edit-
as long as windows loads up, then go to devise manager and uninstall your keyboard, then just re-boot the computer, next time it boots it will detect it again, and load up the drivers. also check in the services. if you have one of the OS services disabled it may stop other hardware or programs to not function correctly.

hmm looks to me like the keyboard/touchpad require special drivers to work under windows i think most laptop touchpads are made by snaptics so see if you can get bootable drives from their website ,

Back
Top Bottom