Touch Typing!

Wiredchild

In Runtime
Hey, i can type...quite fast without looking, but, through my own natural method, just from using MSN years. However, i was told that there is no way of typing as fast as traditional 'touch typing'...So, i really wanted to learn how to do this.

I once saw a computer engineer at my old school typing with one hand and writing with the other, at the same time...How cool is that!!!

Anyway, does anyone know how to touch type and any good programs/websites to teach it simply???...Would much appreciate it. Something i'd like to learn.

yeah, thats how I always type. I learned from typing class and honed my skills with chatting in chat rooms and typing on im's and typing in forums and stuff. it's pretty easy once you learn (at least to me it is)....lol

did a quick google search
http://www.senselang.com/
give that a try.

well, to be honest I hate touch typing. :p
Don' know exactly why, atleast one reason is that ur fingers are so close together. And I don't like that.

Just try it out and see if u like it, I know that I'd never change my own style, but it's always worth trying different styles.

There is a traditional style to 'touch typing' then...I mean, it's a revised method yeh???

...Cos, i pretty much only use my index and middle fingers when typing...So, i'm not utilizing my thumbs or last two fingers, therefore i assume it's definately not the fastest way of typing.

Tommy Boy, that site is good...Thanks very much. I'm getting the hang of the concept though am finding it hard to use my second to last outer finger for some reason! I don't like typing here now as i feel like i'm reversing the bits i've just learnt!

As a touch typer, do you think it'd be easy enough to learn from a program or do you think it'd be worth seeking out a class???

I'd say I touch type...I dont need to look while typing,so I guess I am...

Most teaching programs dont cut it, because you actually build on your own skills over the years,and another programs coming along and saying to change them, so you have to change how you work.

I'd just keep at it, and if like me, you'llknow you can do it when you can suddenly imagine a keyboard infront of your eyes and type anything! Thats when you know you've cracked it :)

well, I took a class that used some very good software. I did decent in it, but I definitly got better when I started typing in chat rooms and stuff like I said earlier. if you really want to learn just find some software that you like and stick with it and practice a lot, you'll get the hang of it. then you'll be like me and not have to look down at all while you're typing...and you'll be typing right....lol

I never have to "look down"...But, i only use four fingers! I just assumed 'real' touch typing'd be faster? What software did you use TOmmy Boy and how long did it take you to get the hang of it?...How much work did you have to do?

Thanks for all the help too mate!

I learned touch typing naturally i guess that is the only way i type it is very very very fast you should learn it

I have my own way of typing, and quite honestly, I don't know anyone who can touch type faster than my custom method.

Wiredchild said:
I never have to "look down"...But, i only use four fingers! I just assumed 'real' touch typing'd be faster? What software did you use TOmmy Boy and how long did it take you to get the hang of it?...How much work did you have to do?

Thanks for all the help too mate!

I don't remember the software, but it was very good. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, I never thought I'd be able to learn how to type with my fingers on the right keys and without looking and stuff, but I did. But before that I was the ultimate slow "hunt and peck" typer......lmao.

Back
Top Bottom