total personal system

Which equates to... 1.75TB

Seriously, do you really need all this stuff, or are you just keeping it because you can?

What equates to 1.75?
Foot you have seen the pictures of my server cabinet. thread My Star Trek collection is 1300 gb or so.
Blu-ray collection is 50ish disk.
Lots of tv series and dvd movies.

Your right however, I think I could do away with a lot of it. Like I have the 24 tv series which is now available on netflix streaming. I'm sure there are others that fall in this category

What equates to 1.75?
Foot you have seen the pictures of my server cabinet. thread My Star Trek collection is 1300 gb or so.
Blu-ray collection is 50ish disk.
Lots of tv series and dvd movies.

Your right however, I think I could do away with a lot of it. Like I have the 24 tv series which is now available on netflix streaming. I'm sure there are others that fall in this category

Your post said Tbs, not TBs. Therefore he interpreted it as TeraBits, not TeraBytes.

And that cabinet is sweet :D

And one terabyte for a single show? Holy crap. What resolution is that? :eek:

actually im not a big fan of hd. its just another reason for companies to charge extra. and while they are coming down in price ALOT its not something i have the reason to invest in.

oh and btw did you read when i said i dont watch a whole lot of movies on the computer system?
if your not going to read the whole thread why even comment?

as for noise from the hdd rack, first things first, its not the first potentialy noisey rig i've built. not just in computer technology but in alot of forms of mechanics. and i've got pretty damn good at making things quiet as i buld them.

everyone has thier own idea about thier own computer systems. WHEN my main hardware needs upgrading i will. but UNTIL then the laptop serves as the best method to run it all from for the time being. seeing as i dont have room for a big arse tower sitting on the floor or the time/resources at the moment to build a tower for it all.

it seems people are failing to get to grips with that.

foothead, your right about running esata. should have seen that from the start to be honest so thanks for pointing that out.

and as for getting the drives as i fill them up. fair play i see your arguement for that. but the rack im going to build will still be built to house 8.
That's because you can't. I did in fact read your post, and that's why I'm posting. You essentially came in here bragging. We didn't need to know about your incredibly lopsided setup just to help you build a chassis for HDDs.

Also, the rack is going to be noisy becuase you have 8 1TB drives in one metal rack. Oh, and it's most likely going to sit on your desk. It's going to make enough vibrations to trigger an earthquake =/

Your post said Tbs, not TBs. Therefore he interpreted it as TeraBits, not TeraBytes.

And that cabinet is sweet :D

And one terabyte for a single show? Holy crap. What resolution is that? :eek:

Now I understand the 1.75, wow I totally missed that.

Native resolution on the series.

11 Theatrical movies are 59GB for the first 10 and 40GB for the new star trek which is blu-ray= 99GB
Star Trek the Original TV series = 142.8GB
Star Trek The Next Generation = 302GB
Star Trek Deep Space Nine = 318.2GB
Star Trek Voyager= 319GB
Star Trek Enterprise= 179GB

Total is 1360GB

I'm just a big Trekie

Now I understand the 1.75, wow I totally missed that.

Native resolution on the series.

11 Theatrical movies are 59GB for the first 10 and 40GB for the new star trek which is blu-ray= 99GB
Star Trek the Original TV series = 142.8GB
Star Trek The Next Generation = 302GB
Star Trek Deep Space Nine = 318.2GB
Star Trek Voyager= 319GB
Star Trek Enterprise= 179GB

Total is 1360GB

I'm just a big Trekie
That's absurd. I had no idea the series was that big :eek:

I'm calling bullshit on this.
I wanna see pics and friggin video.
Why am I calling bull on this? Cause you gave a pointless history of your other crap, why not just ask for help about building the rack.
Dude it's gonna be a friggin earthquake, I don't care how good you are with mechanics, the hard drives themselves are ALWAYS gonna generate noise and you can't do ANYTHING about that.
You don't have $300 yet your buying 8 of these?
That's $2200, you're not gonna use 16 TB, you're not.
We know what we're talking about. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
How much people you need to tell you this..

Why am I calling bull on this? Cause you gave a pointless history of your other crap, why not just ask for help about building the rack.
Dude it's gonna be a friggin earthquake, I don't care how good you are with mechanics, the hard drives themselves are ALWAYS gonna generate noise and you can't do ANYTHING about that.

^ This.

Thanks you.

You win an internetz for the day.

Silent Desktop means ???
I am not getting you dude. Are there any special features in that system?? Can you elaborate little bit more??

vb to c#

Back
Top Bottom