Toshiba satelite "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable"

Remotely, if not impossible unless there was direct user intervention. If the system is having problems installing Windows, might want to put the hard drive through a test. I usually recommend Gateway Support - GWSCAN512*GWSCAN 5.12 to test IDE & SATA drives. Run the complete test. It may take a while, but it's thorough. If the drive is bad, this program will tell you. I've never had this software fail me yet. Been using it for 10+ years.

Before you leave offline let me see if i can get to write all of these questions because they are allot.

1st i cannot enter the Restore to factory settings when i press ALT F10 it doesn't take me to it it just gives the computer Information of CPU and it says video bios is shadow and some other stuff... Now i am currently installing Windows vista Desktop version to a Toshiba satellite laptop ... and is having trouble so i really don't know what to do anymore i was just trying to help my friend , and i am not charging him anyways... it was just to help and gain experience... Lol now i feel like in allot of trouble just for helping.

Remotely, if not impossible unless there was direct user intervention. If the system is having problems installing Windows, might want to put the hard drive through a test. I usually recommend Gateway Support - GWSCAN512*GWSCAN 5.12 to test IDE & SATA drives. Run the complete test. It may take a while, but it's thorough. If the drive is bad, this program will tell you. I've never had this software fail me yet. Been using it for 10+ years.

WAIT OG !! dont reply to those question I was able to boot to the recovery wizard what should i do now?!!!

er... run it? lol

Lol man my heart was just Pumping :D!!
ok so it is starting like if it was for the first time :D, any ideas of what should i do next time i get a friends computer with a virus and they don't have any antivirus?
because i downloaded a antivirus free. but the virus seem to stay there. that took me to delete everything

Yeah, downloading a virus program won't guarantee anything. If you have the ability to do so, take the drive out of the infected system and put it into another system that already has AV installed and then run a full scan on it. Most AVs are good enough that it won't infect the host system, it'll flag the file and delete it from the affected drive before it can infect anything, then put it back into the original system and you should be ok to start it up. You might need to do the sfc /scannow option to restore any missing windows files, but otherwise it should be fine.

Yeah, downloading a virus program won't guarantee anything. If you have the ability to do so, take the drive out of the infected system and put it into another system that already has AV installed and then run a full scan on it. Most AVs are good enough that it won't infect the host system, it'll flag the file and delete it from the affected drive before it can infect anything, then put it back into the original system and you should be ok to start it up. You might need to do the sfc /scannow option to restore any missing windows files, but otherwise it should be fine.

Sounds to complicated for my taking the drive out eventhough is simple.. So ill just stick with backing up the files and programs then , restoring. Sounds good?

Thanks og Reputation right now!

Just be careful when you back up files that you run scans on the files before you put them on another computer, or even before you load them back on, just in case the virus stows away inside.

Just be careful when you back up files that you run scans on the files before you put them on another computer, or even before you load them back on, just in case the virus stows away inside.

Ok thanks for the tip once again

Back
Top Bottom