Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Toshiba M55-s325

Hey everyone! I just had a question on my old laptop. Its been sitting around for a while and i decided to try and fix it after having my dad take it around to a bunch of repair shops, but none could fix it. Well to make a long story short, its a toshiba m55-s325 and i beleive it has a pentium m 740 1.73 ghz processor. Anyway when we truned it on it would stay on for a little and then freeze after about a minute and u had to restart it! Today, i figured out the problem by going to the bios settings and changing the cpu power from dynamic to always low. I dont understand why but when i put it on low (only 800 mhz instead of 1.73 ghz) it wouldnt freeze anymore so i put it back on dynamic and it froze again. Does anyone know why this is the cause? Do i need a new cpu cause they are cheap so i can get one soon. Please leave ur opinion on what the problem could be.

nick94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Toshiba M55-s325

its possible that it is your CPU, but usually when a computer does that its due to overheating parts...system will responde to a part that heats up too quickly by shutting itself down. lowering the speed to 800mhz WILL lower the temp of it so thats probably why.

Thermaltake ARMOR/ mATX intelG33 Motherboard/4gb G.SKILL High Gaming Performance ddr2-1200/Radeon 3870 1gb edition/850w Thermaltake superduty psu

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
Solid State Member
Default Re: Toshiba M55-s325

Also, make sure if you do get a new cpu, make sure it will work with your motherboard
ryanandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote