Toshiba A205 Problem..

bullzi

Fully Optimized
Alright guys, have a problem..

I have myself a Toshiba A205 laptop, but my touchpad will not work. I've tried BIOS settings (non exist), I've tried the FN+F9 shortcut (no luck), I've installed Synaptics Touchpad Drivers (shows enabled, but still doesn't work).

I'm stumped. I have a second touchpad, which acts the same way, nothing at all. The "PS/2" port shows it has an interface device, but it's still not working.

The A205 has a somewhat unique touchpad/button setup. The buttons themselves are located directly on the motherboard while the touchpad surface connects via a ribbon cable to the motherboard yet the buttons don't work. So, this leaves me with some form of disable/enable function somewhere or a bad motherboard.

Getting the touchpad to work isn't crazy important, I can just order a logitech mouse and use that.

Anywho, just wondering if anybody had any ideas..

First of all you should check the Sentivity settings
You can do this in control panel -> mouse -> device settings tab -> touchpad settings

Some were like that accordeing to what os your useing

Furthermore you should ensure that the OS is clean and that some background processes don't affect the touchpad functionality. In many cases the touchpad don't work properly due to system “overloading”.
Clean the registry using CCleaner, disable some no necessary processes in msconfig and at least update the touchpad drivers Though it seams you have all ready got the latest drivers.

Thanks for the replies so far however, I should mention this is a fresh install of Windows 7. Even in the initial setup, my USB mouse worked yet the touchpad didn't..

I just keep thinking it's disabled somehow somewhere since neither the buttons or pad work. I've tested it with another A205 touchpad, same results.

It's a clean install I did myself, I've installed all drivers (I'm a professional technician) but not under warranty. Laptop is probably 2-3 years old ish?

Back
Top Bottom