torrent downloader?

my friends with comcast get like 100+kbp/s in torrents so.. that's def not normal.
what's your direct download speed?
and i use good'ol bittorrent, i DL at roughly 90kbp/s on a 768kbp/s connection verizon dsl

I use Azureus on a 256kbps connection and if I have enough seeders my downloads are usually at 23-27KBps... Sometimes, though rarely, 30-35+KBps.

Have you allowed Azureus to use the correct ports for it to function properly? And what firewall are you using?

kchi55 said:
my friends with comcast get like 100+kbp/s in torrents so.. that's def not normal.
what's your direct download speed?
and i use good'ol bittorrent, i DL at roughly 90kbp/s on a 768kbp/s connection verizon dsl

It doesn't matter your connection speed so much as the specific torrent you're downloading. You guys need to go learn what a torrent is :rolleyes:

MarxSoccer said:
It doesn't matter your connection speed so much as the specific torrent you're downloading. You guys need to go learn what a torrent is :rolleyes:

Yeah its all about seeds, yeah your internet has a part in it, but its all about seeds...Quick run down, everyone who is downloading the torrent, is uploading it, and then people are taking stuff from you, and then uploading it to others...Its like a long chain, but if there are only 2 links in the chain, then that means slow speeds...If only 2 people are uploading, inteast of 200 then your download rate will be slower...And then people who have the whole thing downloaded, and uploading, is even better...Hope that helps u..

MarxSoccer said:

well that is true, but u can't download faster than what ur connection allows no matter how many seeds there is.

Isn't it against forum rules to be discussing this, atleast that's what I thought.

I mean I'm not denying I don't use it I am just asking :)

Back
Top Bottom