Top of the line video cards

dakxxus

BSOD
So i hear that there are new nvidia's coming out in june? Does anyone have a link to abit of news about this? I am going to spend around 500 on a new graphics card setup soon, just wanting to know whats going to be out.

Drop a Google search for GT200, GTX 280 and GTX 260. Those are supposedly the newest cards/GPUs that are due soon from Nvidia.

I think Nvidia have got a bit complacent. Honestly, a 572mm2 die size is ridiculous. Their yields are going to be expremely poor and that's going to drive the price up. Heat outputs and power requirements will be over the top, and this is justified by the lower than expected clock speeds. Sure, you could say that this all worth it when you consider the performance. But What about R700? RV770 is only 230mm2 and yes, it won't be as fast as GTX 200, but because of the low power requirements and heat output. They can create dual GPU card. And there are rumors that the two RV770 chips will share a memory controller and have will be able to share VRAM. If AMD can get the drivers right for this card, then there is no reason why it can't offer better performance that the GTX 280 at a lower price.

Back
Top Bottom