Top 5 NVIDIA video cards in order

I'd say:

1)Geforce 8800GTX (First card capable of Direct X 10 play)
2) Geforce 7950GX2 (Dual 7950GTX's on one card. One 7950 though, is basically a pre-overclocked version of the 7900GTX below)
3) Geforce 7900GTX
4) Geforce 7800GTX
5) Gefoce 7600GT

Those are the ranges in order I believe. But of course, theres the GT versions of the same cards inbetween.

uhh what about the 8800GTS

So i would say

1) GeForce 8800GTX
2) GeForce 8800GTS
3) Geforce 7950GX2
4) Geforce 7900GTX
5) GeForce 7950GT

IMO^

I did say I was listing the ranges, but yeah, your right :p

"Those are the ranges in order I believe. But of course, theres the GT versions of the same cards inbetween."

Yeah, that could describe it. That 7600GT, while at the bottom of the list, still packs a wallop though. I'll probably stick to mid-range as usual and end up with a 8600GT, assuming one comes out.

Hehe, its okay. I should have actually done what you did, as its alot more confusing the way I did it...

Yeah for standard resoloutions like 1280x1024 with some Antialiasing and Antistropic Filtering, the 7600GT would probably be fine for the latest games.

If you want higher resoloutions though, the 7800 range, or even the 7900 range (can cost around £155 now surprisingly) will give you an extra boost.

Of course, if you want to buy a card that'll last a while, and even through some part of Direct X 10 (hopefully...), the 8000 series is the way, and of course, the most expensive route to go.

I'd personally like MikeReiner says, buy a card now that'll suit Direct X 9 games, and when Direct X 10 starts to be used alot more, buy the 8000+ series that'll perform well in those games, which would have then dropped in price, but still be thouroughly capable.

Agreed with that part. Despite that Nvidia recently launched its DirectX 10 compliant GPUs, demand for DirectX 10 graphics cards "will not pick up in the market in the first half of the year because of a lack of games to support the technology," according to Edward Chow, AMD graphics marketing director for the Asia-Pacific region.

"With no boost from DirectX 10, the graphics card market will stay put in the first half of 2007, while watching Vista's acceptability", according to Chow. "In the second half of 2007, DirectX 10 compliant products will see demand pick up, so the competition will heat up, with more games and blue-laser products hitting the market," he added. On a side note, Nvidia launched its DirectX 10 compliant GeForce 8800 GPU in November, while ATI's DirectX 10 supporting R600 will not hit the market until the first quarter of 2007.

Back
Top Bottom