Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2005, 10:33 AM   #31
Fully Optimized
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,404
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

this isnt the first time AMD played a joke on Intel.
__________________

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:05 AM   #32
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

yea, it's not that i don't think it's funny but it really shouldn't have been posted on AMD's professional website. it's pretty immature of a corprate company to do such a thing. as arrizx said
__________________

__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #33
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

It's this kind of bashing that fuels the competition. So I say, bring it on. I love to buy a better and faster processor and if Intel can do better, they got a new customer with me.
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 01:52 PM   #34
In Runtime
 
TreeHugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 427
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
yea, it's not that i don't think it's funny but it really shouldn't have been posted on AMD's professional website. it's pretty immature of a corprate company to do such a thing. as arrizx said
HOW can you say this...do you not know what intel has done to AMD. Unfair business tatics, monopolising the cpu market, and the list goes on and on. I think amd has the right to make fun of intel, because AMD should be makingthe same amount of profits or higher profits than intel,because their product is just as good or better IMO. But they don't, because intel is cheating. Thus, the lawsuit. And you guys are talking about immaturity.......geeze look at the big picture. INTEL is the immature one.
__________________
Laptop: 13.3" Hi-def , T7500 2.2Ghz, 2Gb, 200GB 7200rpm, 8600GM 128MB, Fingerprint reader, Slot Loading Combo Drive
TreeHugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #35
Baseband Member
 
Mr. Feesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to Mr. Feesh
Talking Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Yes it is immature of AMD to poke fun at a competitor as they did. But if anyone done their research Intel has more sales then AMD. It is bullshit to say that Intel uses unfair tactics and are monopolizing on the CPU market. in order to be a monopoly they would have to be totally forcing AMD out of business; if AMD wants to make the product the leading CPU on the market they will need to make a better product, market it better and make it more appealing to the average consumer. Now if I am correct, and I know I am, then AMD is using the unfair tactic here. Intel has never made fun or any competitor, and if I am Wrong then show me the link. And a competitive product ad is not unfair.
__________________
ASUS G2P Laptop.
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 processor(2GHz)|2x1GB DDR2 667 Unbuffered|ATI Radeon X1700 512MB|160GB RPM HDD|8x Dual-Layer DVD+/-RW|10/100/1000|(802.11a/b/g) Wireless LAN|17" WXGA+ TFT LCD 8ms|24-bit High-Definition Audio|5 USB|1.3 megapixel camera|built-in Mic
Mr. Feesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #36
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeHugger
HOW can you say this...do you not know what intel has done to AMD. Unfair business tatics, monopolising the cpu market, and the list goes on and on. I think amd has the right to make fun of intel, because AMD should be makingthe same amount of profits or higher profits than intel,because their product is just as good or better IMO. But they don't, because intel is cheating. Thus, the lawsuit. And you guys are talking about immaturity.......geeze look at the big picture. INTEL is the immature one.
Woah, im at a loss, on how Intel is using unfair business tatics, i mean look at it this way, the world revolves around competition, and as you said they are tatics, that does not mean their unfair..

And because of their "tatics" they make a better profit, because they sell to schools, and businesses, i mean i have yet to see a school with Amd's.

Explain how intel is cheating, and being unfair. I mean, its not making jokes about Amd, its not being immature, like Amd, Intel is winning the game, with sales, and Amd did this, because they know, Intel is making more money, its just their immature way and probably the only way to get back at Amd..
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 AM   #37
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Feesh
Yes it is immature of AMD to poke fun at a competitor as they did. But if anyone done their research Intel has more sales then AMD. It is bullshit to say that Intel uses unfair tactics and are monopolizing on the CPU market. in order to be a monopoly they would have to be totally forcing AMD out of business; if AMD wants to make the product the leading CPU on the market they will need to make a better product, market it better and make it more appealing to the average consumer. Now if I am correct, and I know I am, then AMD is using the unfair tactic here. Intel has never made fun or any competitor, and if I am Wrong then show me the link. And a competitive product ad is not unfair.
Intel may make more money than AMD (which is simply because Intel processors are typically more expensive than their AMD counter-parts), but AMD has actually sold more processors than Intel in terms of numbers, not money. Intel hasn't monopolized the CPU market because it's almost impossible. AMD, VIA and Transmeta prevent that. However, Intel has tried to monopolize the processor market by pushing AMD out by making deals with companies to only purchase and use Intel processors (there was an article that said the CEO of Intel threatened the CEO of Acer to only go with Intel).

What the heck are you talking about? What does this joke have to do with selling products? This was only a joke by AMD simply because Intel declined to participate in the Dual-Core Duel (which was real and not something made up). This does not have to do with AMD having to make a better processor and marking better and blah blah blah...

As far as I can see, AMD has not used an unfair tactic because this joke has nothing to do with pushing consumers to buy AMD instead of Intel. There is a difference between that and bashing. This joke was meant to playfully bash Intel about it, and Intel should really consider some of that stuff, because some of it is true about their Pentium 4 and Pentium D processors.

Please think about what you want to say before you say it. This joke does not have anything to do with AMD wanting to make fun of Intel so they can sell more processors. This has to do with playful bashing that's meant to fuel the competition.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:17 AM   #38
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrizx
Woah, im at a loss, on how Intel is using unfair business tatics, i mean look at it this way, the world revolves around competition, and as you said they are tatics, that does not mean their unfair..
There is a difference between "tactics" and "unfair tactics". Intel has been using both. They use marketing tactics such as ads (that would be legit), but underneath that there is more. They have been trying to force other companies to use only Intel processors (and sometimes through threats too). That would be unfair tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrizx
And because of their "tatics" they make a better profit, because they sell to schools, and businesses, i mean i have yet to see a school with Amd's.
What the heck? Wow...you have no idea what you're talking about.

Schools do not buy Intel processors. They buy pre-built computers (like Dell, HP, Compaq, Apple etc) that happen to have Intel processors. If Intel did have better profits (which they do, since their prices are more expensive), it would be through selling to companies that pre-build the computers, not selling the processors directly to schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrizx
Explain how intel is cheating, and being unfair. I mean, its not making jokes about Amd, its not being immature, like Amd, Intel is winning the game, with sales, and Amd did this, because they know, Intel is making more money, its just their immature way and probably the only way to get back at Amd..
Wow...another completely lost statement.

I will repeat this again! This joke does not have anything to do with AMD trying to make more sales! It is only a playful form of bashing because Intel declined to join the Dual-Core Duel (which was REAL and there was even a petition for people to sign).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNET.com News
Desktop computers and notebooks with AMD chips accounted for 49.8 percent of PCs sold in domestic stores for the month, compared with Intel's 48.5 percent of the market, according to the Current Analysis report.

"AMD did the unthinkable by surpassing Intel in October. Continuing to hold this lead in the holiday season would be a colossal win for the company," Matt Sargent, Current Analysis research director, said in a statement.

Last month, AMD's slice of the U.S. retail store pie reached 67.7 percent for desktops, up from 52 percent in September. And its share of the notebook market in that category rose to 31.5 percent in October from 26.2 percent in September.

Although AMD's overall share of the U.S. retail store market surpassed Intel based on units sold, it failed to generate more revenue than the industry giant. Intel chips, which have a higher average selling price, accounted for 57.6 percent of the U.S. retail market in October based on revenue, while AMD lagged at 40.1 percent.

Intel also is still the market leader when factoring in overall PC sales in the U.S., including machines purchased through direct sellers. That top position is bolstered by Intel's exclusive relationship with direct seller Dell, a top supplier of PCs.
Read the rest HERE .

AMD sold more processors in terms of numbers, but failed to generate more revenue simply because Intel processors cost more.

Just to make sure you get it in your heads, I will repeat this again. AMD did this joke for bashing Intel since they declined the Dual-Core Duel, NOT because they want some vendetta so they can gain more customers.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #39
Fully Optimized
 
MooseMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 2,627
Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

alot of this has gotten lost from the fight about what the list actually said but more about right and wrong between intels profit and tactics and all that. I do not think that intel is using unfair tactics, as far as i know. someone has mentioned that intel CEO was threating companies (i.e acer). do i know if this is true? no, it could simply be a biast(sp) roomer or something similar. Intel chips are a little more expensive but that seems to be the only thing that AMD fans have that they can say on Intel as far as i can see. Yes AMD did surpass intel for 1 month. i realize and that was good for AMD. do i think they could do it again? they certianly could. it all depends on what tactics both company's use and which consumers like better. Do tell me if i'm wrong, i don't want 2 be stating wrong information. i try my best not 2 make my opinion on one side or the other.
__________________
.::The top folder on the CF F@H team::.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...&teamnum=42655
MooseMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #40
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

Intel would stuff into a confinded piec eof junk dell and wonder why the firetrucks are outside after they come back from lunch.
__________________

__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0