took back troublesome ati video card

ad356

Solid State Member
well, i took back the video card. i was having problems with the drivers and decided that i wasnt getting a good value for $149 for a ati 4670 1 gb. i noticed there is alot better deals to be found on the internet. what would be a reccomendable video card for 100-150 bucks on the internet. i want something that is directx 10. right now i have a geforce 7900 gs 256 mb. it has acceptable direct x 9 performance but its is starting to get older. by the way my xbox 360 just got the red ring of death. im not happy with that at all.

Most of the time, when you've having problems with a different brand GPU that you just purchased. The reason is because most of the time, people don't properly uninstall the drivers from the previous card, this causes conflictions and all kinds of trouble.

Most of the time, when you've having problems with a different brand GPU that you just purchased. The reason is because most of the time, people don't properly uninstall the drivers from the previous card, this causes conflictions and all kinds of trouble.

i know better than that, i have been building computer since i put my first computer together. it was a pentium I 166 mhz if that tells you how long i have been at it. the first thing i did when i bought the new card was to install a fresh install of windows vista. i was running xp, since i only had a directx 9 card, it made no sense for me to mess with it. i bought a directx 10 card, so installed vista. the first thing i did was install the card and then loaded the OS. drivers were never loaded for my old card. so with a clean install drivers from a previous card were never an issue. anyways i took the card back, so what do you guys reccommend i buy instead. bang for buck whats the best card out there in my price range? card HAS to be direct x 10

the 9800GT i think.
Unless you want ATI, which i think its the 3870 thats around your price range, though its not as good as the 9800GT.
Get like $20 more and get an 4850 which beats the 9800GT.

dont really know the prices. I havent checked them in awhile

Back
Top Bottom