Is This Too Hot?

Wait, I'm getting it confused with my GPU, d'oh!!! My GPU peaks in the high 60's consistently while playing games, but at one instance, I did see it in the 70's.

There's no way I'm letting my main CPU get that hot. I think the highest temp it goes is like 45-46 degrees Celsius. I never see it higher than that. Speaking of GPU's mine is running at 57 degrees right now.

TRDCorolla said:
Wait, I'm getting it confused with my GPU, d'oh!!! My GPU peaks in the high 60's consistently while playing games, but at one instance, I did see it in the 70's.

There's no way I'm letting my main CPU get that hot. I think the highest temp it goes is like 45-46 degrees Celsius. I never see it higher than that. Speaking of GPU's mine is running at 57 degrees right now.

I was gonna say.. LMAO!! Hmm, yeah, actaully, your 6600GT is running nice and cool. Remember, the 6600GT runs VERY VERY hot, but it can take the heat. Dont worry even if it gets to 85C, it is fine! :D Its fragmenting temp is 95C and its critical is a whopping 120C!!!

so i still shouldnt worry about my cpu, until it hits 60ish? 56 under a load is acceptable?

Dishdog said:
It's still hot enough to reduce the life span of your CPU a lot.

Dishdog is right, the HOTTER ANY CPU runs, the shorter lived its lifecycle is, it will die earlier. ORDER THAT HEATSINK I linked u to above if you can afford it right now. Then you can install and cool your PC like no other!

looking at the reviews of my heatsink... i think something is just wrong with my setup, because it has no bad reviews on newegg, and most people say there temps never pass 41c under a load with it oc'ed

Back
Top Bottom