Tom's Hardware - biased???

I was reading the ATI CrossFire Xpress 3200 article, and I noticed, nearly every single time they made mention of ATI, they had to throw somethign about NVIDIA in there! now, I do realise that when comparing the two video card companies together, it's inevitable to make a statement of the other company, however Tom's Hardware made mention of NVIDIA more times in every paragraph then they did ATI, and nearly every single time the NVIDIA, or ATI, mention, wasn't even relavent to the topic!

Now I know that not every reviewing site out there is totally unbiased, but today from what I read in the article, which I will post the link to later on, was incredibly biased towards NVIDIA. The first 3 pages of the article were horrible, I couldn't distinguish if the article was about ATI or NVIDIA! If this is the kind of reviewing I see from Tom's Hardware, which is where I get most of my knowledge from, then I don't think I'll trust some of their benchmarks anymore.

From a company that is ranked extemly high in the PC enthusist area, I expect a lot more from them. This display of biaism is just ridiculous. Can't people get an honest review about something these days??? :confused:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/02/ati_crossfire_xpress_3200_chipset_takes_off/

Even though Tom's Hardware does give lengthy reviews, I wouldn't use that site as my only source when researching what to purchase. Even if they WERE biased, I wouldn't consider just including NVIDIA in an ATI article biased to slightest bit. And even if that were so, a review is just an OPINION, and everyone is entitled to their own. Viewing that article, I didnt really find it biased. I just found it to be an opinion, which many support. If you dislike Toms Hardware (including many others, such as myself), you can just go find another review.

Hmm... I just read through the first page and a half, doesn't seem that biased towards nVidia at all... just gives a little bit of information here and there, but keeps ATi on topic as well, seems perfectly fine to me so far.

I must have gotten the wrong impression form the article then. I apologize if I may have come across as misinformed.

However, I would liek to know of some other reviewing sites if anyone would liek to suggest any.

Back
Top Bottom