Tired of My rig PLZ HELP!!!

ace777

Fully Optimized
well basically I get a comp that had a previous trojan virus for 50$ from someone.I get It home run a AVG virus sweep and remove all the virusus from the HDD. Then Everything seems to going ok. Since that Time I have done quite a few upgrades, more RAM,vid card, and PSU. Now I go and try and run Doom 3 the game works great! I play other games like this one and slowly the comp starts getting errors. I have tried everything I know how to do, I think the reg files a messed up or the virus has simply come back.What can I do in this situation? Is there a way I can keep all the data of my comp or do a clean install (because I don't have internet on that one).

well basically I get a comp that had a previous trojan virus for 50$ from someone.I get It home run a AVG virus sweep and remove all the virusus from the HDD. Then Everything seems to going ok. Since that Time I have done quite a few upgrades, more RAM,vid card, and PSU. Now I go and try and run Doom 3 the game works great! I play other games like this one and slowly the comp starts getting errors. I have tried everything I know how to do, I think the reg files a messed up or the virus has simply come back.What can I do in this situation? Is there a way I can keep all the data of my comp or do a clean install (because I don't have internet on that one).

if its the comp in your sig, sludgehammer the friggn small ass 40gb virus infested problem filled operating system harddrive and get a 320gb and install windows vista home premium

ultimate would work fine on that pc but not with gaming

cough cough

the computer is so/so but the hard drive is really small for gaming. just get a new hard drive and install vista but not ultimate unless youre daring.

delete the partition and make a new one. Install windows in that partition. The virus should be gone after that. Also 40GB is plenty big just for games. And why Vista?

juicer, its not just as simple as getting a new harddrive, some of us have what we call a budget, i dont have a job at all, so i cant hardly do anything, not saying that ace doesnt have a job, idk, but dont tell him to go buy a harddrive, im sure he would have already if he had the money,

ace, the best thing to do is to simply uninstall every program that you dont use, only the games and the stuff you use all the time, download a program called O&O Defrag. you will probably have to use a torrent, but once you open it up and get it running, run the "space" option, if you have any questions lemme know

if you cant download it, the best thing to do is to uninstall windows, and when you reinstall it, make 2 partitions, both 20gb, one for the os and regular programs, and the other for games and media, keep these partitions organized

bullzi

Well, you probably should have reformatted as soon as you got the PC.

Post a HijackThis log here if you don't want to reformat.

juicer, its not just as simple as getting a new harddrive, some of us have what we call a budget, i dont have a job at all, so i cant hardly do anything, not saying that ace doesnt have a job, idk, but dont tell him to go buy a harddrive, im sure he would have already if he had the money,

ace, the best thing to do is to simply uninstall every program that you dont use, only the games and the stuff you use all the time, download a program called O&O Defrag. you will probably have to use a torrent, but once you open it up and get it running, run the "space" option, if you have any questions lemme know

if you cant download it, the best thing to do is to uninstall windows, and when you reinstall it, make 2 partitions, both 20gb, one for the os and regular programs, and the other for games and media, keep these partitions organized

bullzi

I agree!

cough cough

the computer is so/so but the hard drive is really small for gaming. just get a new hard drive and install vista but not ultimate unless youre daring.

whats the cough cough for?Anyways I am broke from the recent addons now. That would be kind of nice to upgrade the HDD to a 80GB and I have XP OS on a disk I can use.And as for reformatting when I first got it , it ran fine and so I figured there would be no more poblems. For now i am going to format the HDD and I need to know any pointers I should watch out for, I also need to know where the drivers are keep so I can reuse them. Finally If anyone Knows where the save game files are in Halo That would be nice I have all my records and saves in that folder and I need to find it.
-thanks

Umm, well as for reformatting there isn't much to it. Just pop in your xp cd, boot from it. When it gets to the part about formatting just delete the partition and make a new one. Then install on that partition. When everything is installed go to device manager. (Right click my computer, then go to hardware tab, and device manager.) to check for missing drivers.

As for the halo save files they are in my documents under my games.

Back
Top Bottom