Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to Cronodude360
Default Tiny notebook factory settings

I am trying to get the notebook back to factory settings it starts as it should then tells me not enough room on target partition due to ghost failiure MBR has been wiped. Any ideas on how i can recover the system and how can i delete the partition and start again.i am running ME.

Thankls

Old 09-14-2004, 08:32 AM   #2
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Start again completely... Have Tiny given you a Restore CD or something like that?

You could use an FDisk style program to format the entire Drive and start again; unless you want to save files and that won't bring it back to Factory Settings. If you have a Windows XP Install CD; you can Format the Drive and then if you're quick you can pull out the plug; shutting down is not fast enough; after it has finished Formatting and before it started installin Setup files.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Tiny notebook factory settings

A bet they havent Tiny is part of the Time group they may be cheap but try and get in touch with the, they charge u 1.50 A minute, i doubt they would have sent u a sytem CD It is extra for it i think.
Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #4
entity512

lol hehe, i phoned them up asking for a new restore disk for ME ages ago cuz i had a tiny comp. They asked me to pay 75 lol. A RESTORE DISK :P chirst sakee.
Old 09-14-2004, 11:44 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

yes i think it is 60 now but jesus christ also Tiny and time modems come configured so u can only use them on 1 ISP which is there own company called Supranet, how gay eh. read this article it is great and tells u how big a con Time Group is http://inq1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/time.html
Dynamix is offline   Reply With Quote