Time to upgrade!!!

vash089

Beta member
Hey everyone. i have decided to upgrade my computer and I am pretty much a noob when it comes to choosing hardware. I have been asking around and doing a lot of research and these are the parts i've choosen based on performance and price range.

-ASUS EN6800GT/2DT/256MB Geforce 6800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCIExpressx16 Video Card
-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3500BPBOX
-GIGABYTE GA-K8NF-9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard

A few issues i'm curious about are: general feedback on the performance of these parts as far as gaming is conserned (including manufacturer quality), also, my sound card is pretty ancient but i heard that the built in sound on the mobo would be sufficient for now, and i have a 450 watt power supply, will that be sufficient power? and finally, if i have to get new memory, (i'm not sure if i'm allready using pc 3200) what is a good brand to go with.

Well that about sums up my hardware queries, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

i have an evga 6800gt right now and its great so i would get that instead thats a very good cpu and are u planning to overclock at all? 450 watts should be enough and as for memory ummm OCZ, kingston, corsair anything will do really if u are planning to overclock then i suggest looking at DVIs motherboards cause they can overclock to hell

souns like a great setup, i typically suggest the 6800gs but that might be a downgrade, i'd look into that, and if u can afford a 7800gt thos cards are insane. As far as ram goes, muskin, geil, ocz, corsair, crucial, kingston all make great ram.

Thanks for the input guys. I dont plan on doing any overclocking. i'm going to wait on that untill i have more experince with pc's.
So evga is the better manufacturer huh. that's good to know. Is it a good idea to have the same manufacturer for mobo vc?

I have decided to through in a little extra dough and get this vc instead!!!

_eVGA 256-P2-N515-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

What do ya think?

thats a really good graphics card more than capable of handling any game today as for the motherboard manufacturer no its not good to have it the same as the vid card some good maufacturers for motherboards are DFI, ASUS, gigabyte thats all i can think of right now anyway u should consider looking into overclocking cause its a easy and free way to make ur comp more powerfull without spending more $$$

I guess the area i need the most advice is the motherboard. This is my first build and i'm just clueless about motherboards. I will probably look in to oc'ing once i have everything installed and setup completely so it would be a good idea to get one that works well with oc'ing. i am spending a lot of my budget on the vc. so what's the best board for a decent price for this setup? (preferably no higher than $150.00)

P.S. I was reading some reviews on that nforce 4 i posted about previously. and a lot a people were saying they got it free with the 7800gt. anyone know anything about this. it would be nice to save the extra 80 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom