Time Scheduled Programs

ukeitaro

Baseband Member
Hey, i'm an avid classical music listener, and I would enjoy waking up to some serene tchaikovsky or some orchestral piece. If I leave my computer on overnight, is there some way to schedule the execution of windows media player, winamp, or some media player at a specific time such as 8 am to wake me up? I am running windows xp professional, btw. Thx.

Go to Control Panel - Scheduled Tasks - Add Scheduled Task - From the list select WIndows Media Player (or Winamp) - Set it to Daily at 8:00am.

Hope that clears it up for you. :)

Toby said:
Go to Control Panel - Scheduled Tasks - Add Scheduled Task - From the list select WIndows Media Player (or Winamp) - Set it to Daily at 8:00am.

Hope that clears it up for you. :)

that works, but after making the scheduled task u have to open up it's options.
And then there is the path. U have to make the path like this:
location of the media player (this should be there as default) "location of the sound file u want it to play."
So like for example:
C:\program files\winamp\winamp.exe "C:\music\tchaikovsky.mp3"

And then it will start to play that file when it opens.

Or then u could just get a plug-in for winamp (http://www.winamp.com/plugins/browse.php?search=yes&filter=C&query=alarm)
but I prefer to use the task scheduler.

thatas cool, i never thought of doing that. but i wake up to the "BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP BEEP." and its not the best way of getting up, but works for me. maybe i should try classical music

joepic said:
thatas cool, i never thought of doing that. but i wake up to the "BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP BEEP." and its not the best way of getting up, but works for me. maybe i should try classical music

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wake up if it was classical music, just continue sleeping :D
Almost everyday I wake up to Metallica, usually the song Jump In The Fire, The Four Horsemen or Motorbreath because they are good songs and they starts quite fast & loud so I wake up :)

And yes, it's definitely better than the "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

Back
Top Bottom