The time has arrived

Elmo1

Baseband Member
At The moment my pc workstation area takes up one corner of our dinning room

So i am thinking about changing from desktop to laptop and getting a wireless printer. We weighed up the pros and cons and for what we use the computer for it does seem to make sense ( and free up some space)

So what to get ?? it wont be until later on this year or early next year

Printer .......... i have only had Epson the are good printers in my book so thats decided

Now the laptop is a bit more harder to choose
i`ve owned an old dell and currently got an Acer 3630, if i say my budget was between £400/£500 what would your suggestion be, bearing in mind it`s for `home/office` use.
OR
Do you you think `no` dont lose your desktop !!!!
Would appreciate your input :dance:

Cheers Elmo

At The moment my pc workstation area takes up one corner of our dinning room

So i am thinking about changing from desktop to laptop and getting a wireless printer. We weighed up the pros and cons and for what we use the computer for it does seem to make sense ( and free up some space)

So what to get ?? it wont be until later on this year or early next year

Printer .......... i have only had Epson the are good printers in my book so thats decided

Now the laptop is a bit more harder to choose
i`ve owned an old dell and currently got an Acer 3630, if i say my budget was between £400/£500 what would your suggestion be, bearing in mind it`s for `home/office` use.
OR
Do you you think `no` dont lose your desktop !!!!
Would appreciate your input :dance:

Cheers Elmo

It depends what do you need your computer for. What will you do on your computer? If you want a performance PC, go for the desktop, or buy another desktop if you think the one you'r using is too slow. If you using your computer in multiple places, buy a laptop.

I'm not going to suggest a laptop this time. Just remind you that a laptop is not a desktop. You can't leave them on all the time and can't leave them plugged in to the wall outlet. They're not made for that sort of abuse.
Leaving them on all the time is just going to wear it out faster. Leaving it plugged in will eventually damage the battery forcing it to have to be replaced.
I would suggest if you're press for space looking in to one of the VESA mounted nano's. Intel has one that looks like it might do the job and it mounts on the back of the monitor. Next Unit of Computing Kit DC3217BY and Vesa* Mount Bracket

it wont be until later on this year or early next year

i am sure you know that laptops and desktops changes allot with time.
i will suggest not thinking about it until you have the money.
if i suggest a laptop now, i will probably not suggest the same laptop after 4 month.

A concern you should also take into a count is screen size. I laptop would never be my main machine because of multiple reasons, screen size is one of them. ofcause you can hug up a bigger screen to your laptop as a secound monitor, but then i'll rather have a slim PC.
have you considered a SlimPC? kina like these: http://www.pclaunches.com/entry_images/1006/30/samsung_mx10.jpg
they use less power, produce less noise and does not require much space.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ohhh. i can see setishock already suggested something in a small form factor.

Back
Top Bottom