Time to Buy A Laptop!! MAC OR PC? Both?? Help!

Originally we weren't able to get the built in 3945ABG wireless card working, so she used a Linksys USB Adapter. This also didn't work natively, but with drivers/support from ralinktech, they were able to be modified to run perfectly!

Then, we found a driver that allowed the 3945ABG to work - so now it runs perfectly like a mac! Even a driver for the webcam lets her use it like she would with a mac!

Graphics work fine, we used the JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel image from demonoid and it had included common drivers, including the display.

Jackson.MacKenzie said:
lhuser - is there something similar to that with a 17" screen?

Xiggy - thank you for narrowing that down! I did that with a similar HP laptop and the price was SIGNIFICANTLY lower! Would you recommend looking at HPs? I know some people dont like them, but we've had an HP desktop for a while now and it works perfectly!

Any thoughts?
Try this one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220099

Never get Vista..ever! Don't waste your time on something that will make your system run in a less performance than the actual performance.

Linux is a fair OS, but if you digg enough, OS X is Linux also...just like Linspire. It's a costy version of Linux. I don't mind to have you Tri booting, but It's my 2 cents.

lhuser--

Thank you!! Thats like my exact customized computer for $400 less! hahahaha youll be horrified to know that I'm actually working on a quadboot with XP, Vista, Linux, and OSX. I agree vista uses unnecessary resources but it looks cool :p I got all of them quadbooting together happily with GRUB on my desktop comp, so hopefully itll be easier when the laptop arrives :)

Thanks again for the link! Ill put that on the top of my list

is quartz extreme and core image working? thats like all the pretty graphicss things like the sliding windows and stuff

and what resolution is it running at?

Well if it is REALLY REALLY important go with the most expensive for screen, but if you want it upgraded go with the 50.00+ plus upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom