TigerDirect deals?

xxclaro

Solid State Member
Alright, I've been driving myself crazy trying to figure out what desktop to get,and I think maybe I finally might have something here. I was going to go to Bestbuy or Future shop and just buy something that looked decent, but since reading this forum and asking some questions, I've learned just barely enough to be dissatisfied with some of the specs on their machines. Mostly it seems like they have small power supplies and poor video cards, even when the CPU's and memory are fine.
I thought about building, but despite reassurances that it's easy, I'm just a bit too ingorant of this technology to be comfortable that I''ll get proper compatible parts and whatnot.
So, I was looking at TigerDirect tonight,and see they offer barebones kit's. They seem to offer good quality parts and a reasonable price. It seesm to me you have to do the assembly yourself? I really can't spend more than $800,and I need a screen that can handle High Definition, as this computer will be used mostly to play and edit video,as well as maybe a bit of gaming.
So, I guess my question is "has anyone looked at or used one of these kits,and what do you think of them?" The one I was looking at is $597, which would allow me to purchase a monitor too. What parts are missing to make this thing ready to go? Thanks for any advice you can offer, you guys have already helped alot on the other threads I started.

They make decent barebone kits. One of our members here recently purchased one. It's a good way to go if you're not too sure about what all goes together. I really can't tell you what the kit you're looking at is missing unless you post a link to it. Some need hard drives, some DVD burners, it really depends on the kit.

I'll try to link it here: Barebones > AMD Based Kits > Phenom - Socket AM2+

MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Barebone Kit - nForce 750a, AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition, 4GB OCZ SLI DDR2-800, 500GB HDD, ATX Case, 550W PSU

More MSI Computer Products

Be the first to write a review

Item Number: B69-0093

Model: MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Phenom X4 Black Barebone Kit

Availability: Order Today, Ships Today

Price: $607.99
Less Rebate: - $10.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Price: $597.99*

Ends 07/15/2009
See Terms & Conditions.
Restrictions Apply. Notice: Limit one (1) rebate per person, address, company, or household (See coupon for details).

Quantity

Add To My WISH LIST

43 Larger Photos

MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Barebone Kit

This Bundle Includes

MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Motherboard
AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition Processor
4GB OCZ PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory
WD Caviar 500GB SATA Internal Hard Drive
Ultra XBlaster ATX Mid-Tower Black Case
Ultra LSP550 550 Watt Power Supply
This quad core high-performance gaming kit can handle almost anything thanks to the AMD Phenom X4 9850 BLACK Edition Processor! The MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum mono supports dual-channel DDR2 1066+/800/667MHz memory up to 8GB, PCI-E x1, PCI-E x16 2.0, SATA 3Gb/s, USB 2.0, Gigabit LAN, and 8-channel HD audio. This kit also includes 4GB of OCZ SLI DDR2-800 memory, a 500GB SATA II hard drive from Western Digital, an ATX mid-tower, and a 550 watt power supply. This nForce 750a kit will help you build a very dangerous AMD quad core multimedia or gaming computer.

This MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Barebone Kit Includes

Ultra X-Blaster Black ATX Mid-Tower Case
When looking for subtle styling, durable quality and unparalleled ease of use, look no further than the Ultra X-Blaster. The X-Blaster supports AT, baby AT, ATX and micro ATX motherboards and features 1mm thick high grade steel. The X-Blaster has 10 drive bays. Four tool-free 5.25" drive bays, one external 3.5" bay and five internal 3.5" bays.

Form Factor: ATX Mid-Tower
Expansion Slots: 7
Material: Steel
Click Here For More Information!

MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Motherboard
For great performance with a motherboard you can afford today. Stop dreaming and start building your PC with the MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum Socket AM2+ motherboard. Oh yeah, and it also has a DVI port!

Socket AM2+ ATX
PCI Express 2.0
SLI, RAID
Ready for DX 10

AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core Processor
Overclocker's dream! Deliver more sophisticated solutions with the leading-edge technology of AMD Phenom 9000 Series processor.

Socket: AM2+
HyperTransport Bus: 2000MHz (4000 MT/s)
Cache: 4 x 512KB

4GB OCZ SLI-Ready PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory
OCZ PC2-6400 4GB SLI-Ready Series is equipped with NVIDIA Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) to optimize the modules' gaming performance on nForce® SLI-based motherboards.

Memory Size: 2 x 2048MB
Memory Speed: 800MHz PC6400
Memory Type: Dual Channel DDR2

Western Digital Caviar 500GB SATA Hard Drive
With a SATA interface and 8MB cache size, this WD Caviar Blue drive offers a full range of performance features.

Capacity (GB): 500
Interface: Serial ATA-300
Buffer Memory: 8MB

Ultra LSP550 550-Watt Power Supply
This series is 25% more efficient than its predecessor with the affordability and quality you have come to expect from Ultra. The LSP's sleek new design incorporates ascetics with functionality.

Wattage: 550-Watt
Fan: 120 mm
Form Factor: ATX

Specifications

Looks pretty good.
You will need an Optical drive and an OS it looks like.

Internal graphics generally aren't that great. What are your uses for this?

If you need an OS, buy Vista OEM as it now comes with a free Windows 7 upgrade coupon :) Just a thought :)

and as far as I know you still have to assemble the barebones kits. I am not totally positive but I think you just recieve the parts and put them together so it is basically just like building your own still. I think they just take the looking for parts and compatibility out of it and offer you a package deal for buying it all instead of getting parts from different sites and such.

I might be totally wrong here and if I am please let me know because I have never bought a barebones kit before.

My current computer started as a barebone kit. Mine did come with the mobo and psu already installed which was nice and i just bought some ram and a processor then it was all good to go. Tigerdirect offers both pre-assembled and non assembled kits. However the ones that aren't assembled cost less than pre-assembled so if possible get one that is not assembled.

Back
Top Bottom