Throw away your graphics cards...

Ð88 said:
I've sort of drifted from the gaming scene lately and in a way I am happy because otherwise i would be saving every last penny i've got so i could buy one of these. Looks like it's just me and my 6600GT for a little while yet.

i used to play games on PC until my graphics card broke and i couldnt afford to replace it so instead i bought an x box cos it seemed the cheaper alternative

dont let them tell you your computers are obsolete.. just because the news cards come out and the new DX doesn't mean you wont be able to use your computer.. will be another year before any of this is even close to being the standard. No one really starting buying the 6 series until they were out for 7+ months.. same for the 7 series. By the time you HAVE to have this stuff to game your gonna want to upgrade anyway.

uhhhh, 700 bux? that was more then my damn computer. *thumbs down to price thumbs up for looking sexy*

hey im not bothered anymore about tryin to keep up with the latest tech like MeTzenAs said your computer will still work so im not botherin i mean come on $700 for a graphics card is well overpriced

muz379 said:
hey im not bothered anymore about tryin to keep up with the latest tech like MeTzenAs said your computer will still work so im not botherin i mean come on $700 for a graphics card is well overpriced

word...yet people will still buy it nevertheless.

Rich kids think they have money. Go spend all on useless cards.
But to have DX10 and those cards, you need Vista supposedly. It won't work with XP, I think.
You are wrong.

Don't even bother buying a 8800 GTX or GTS unless you have a monitor 24" or bigger. It's way too powerful for anything less, so you'll just waste power and electricity.

If you ask me, I could care less. It's godly powerful, obviously, but it looks like crap. That has to be one of the most cluttered PCB's I've ever seen on a video card and it even puts my X1900's PCB to shame. The heatsink is useless along with all of NVIDIA's other stock heatsinks. The GPU die is FREAKING humongous. Anandtech even put an Intel Kentsfield CPU in comparison and this die totally engulfs it. The PCB is LONG, very long...if I'm correct, I believe the GTX is about 10.5-11" and the GTS is about 9" in length. If you ask me, it looks like NVIDIA cares only about power and nothing else.

At least it'll be a great heater for those of you who hate winter or live in cold places. ;)

Hah, and you can thank NVIDIA for officially making the PlayStation 3 obsolete even before it launches. :D

alvino said:
Hah, and you can thank NVIDIA for officially making the PlayStation 3 obsolete even before it launches. :D

could you elaborate on that alittle more please? ive had this long running argument with my friend that Pcs still own the console market in terms of power and graphics. maybe not power for pounds ratio but when money isnt an option he just cant see that the Pc is better. so from what youre saying the playsation 3 is running on dx9 technology?

Don't rush off and buy those things. I know I ain't.

Too $$$ if they come out with a version similar to 7600 I'll get that though.

Back
Top Bottom