three monitors??? gtx295???

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, sorry hedoe, although i appreciate the option i'm not just that into ATI at all.
i'm a pure nvidia guy :)

and yeah, i'd get two vid cards and run them in SLI (or get the matrox box) if i needed support for 3 or more monitors.

yeah, sorry hedoe, although i appreciate the option i'm not just that into ATI at all.
i'm a pure nvidia guy :)

and yeah, i'd get two vid cards and run them in SLI (or get the matrox box) if i needed support for 3 or more monitors.

I think the multi monitor rule changes when you SLI the cards.

Pop two cards in your tower without SLI'ing them and you'll get your multi monitors.

If you SLI\Crossfire your cards the outputs on the second card will not work. You cant SLI\Crossfire them.

You can just get a cheap video card to run the third monitor

yeah. when you SLi or Crossfire it basically, makes them work as one huge video card. I guess its almost the same as a Raid 0 configuration of your hard drives. But you guys probably knew that already =P

WOW! i DID NOT know that!!
seriously, can't hook up 4 monitors with SLI??? thats just retarded!!
but i guess thats how it works.

sooooooooo, i could buy 2 cards and NOT SLI and run 4 monitors, but the second card would be a much lower end card as it would not be using the most processing power than the first card as that would be where my main screens would be.

interesting! and thanks!

Lets say you got 2 GTX 295's.

You could either SLI them to make one big graphics number cruncher for a single 50' monitor at high resolution.

Or you could run them in non-SLI mode but connect 4 monitors to them. 2 monitors on each card to spread your desktop across 4 monitors! It's impressive and very useful if you want to do a lot of different things at the same time.

Well idk, I'm just throwing this out there as a possiblity, but if you were to get a Nvidia 8 Series or better, could you plug the card in and use as a PPU and still use it as a video output? That would have similar effects to SLI, but i'm not sure if it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom