Thoughts on 'WindowBlinds'...

inbrino

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

Can any of you offer me your thoughts on the windows GUI mod software - 'WindowBlinds' (part of 'Object Desktop'). I want to change the way windows xp looks. Is this a good program to use? Also, will it be heavy on my system resources?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for any help given! It is really appreciated!!!

I'm running an XP Vista transformation that includes Object Dock, makes xp look like Vista. I love it, it looks really cool and it doesnt seem to be too much of a system hog but then again I've got 2gigs of Ram

Ok, thanks.
Do you think that 512 ram is enough?
Cheers

Oh, I have just found a patcher for uxtheme.dll. If I use this and add themes will it reduce the use on resources? I cant find any detailed topics explaining what 'uxtheme.dll' is. Could someone explain please?

Thanks!

windowsblinds is really good and stuff but only if you have 1 gig of ram, or else it will slow alot of things down.

I used WindowBlinds before, but it's okay. Used up quite a bit of resources.

I like WindowsBlinds a lot, I'm currently running an OS X theme with ObjectDock, YzShadow, and custom OS X-looking icons. 512 MB of RAM should be fine, you might notice a little slow down depending on the rest of your setup. You just have to find a balance of performance and eye candy that suits you.

I really like it. I have my desktop set to look like OS X since I am embarrased to be running Windows.

Back
Top Bottom