Thoughts on new pc

Kylothian

Baseband Member
Howzit.

My buddy wants to purchase a new pc, from case till keyboard, he mostly uses it for home use, might want to play a game or two i need a bit of help on parts.
This is what i have thus far:

Mobo:ASUS P7H55-M LGA 1156 - very basic, still open to options
CPU: I5-650 PROCESSOR 3.20GHZ - want to see if i cant make this the quad i5 2.8Ghz (but not critical)
RAM: Want to go with the 2x 2GB Dominator DDR3-1600 just for the look of it :p , but normal Trancend or Corsair RAM will do
GPU: Asus Gts250 1GB GDRR3
PSU: Looking at a Coolermaster GX750W
HDD: 1TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm 32mb
Normal dvd drive
Monitor: Samsung B2030 20" Wide LED
Chassis: Coolermaster RC-500 , Sileo 500

What are your thoughts or what wuld u swap?
Thanks in advance :cool:

Just glancing through, I noticed you chose an LED monitor. If your friend is only using it for casual things, and a tiny bit of gaming, it doesn't matter. But if you want my opinion, LCD monitors > LED monitors. LED is better for television.

Get a P55 motherboard with the i5 750 and the GTX 460. It'll age better that the machine parts you listed.

yeah im looking at that atm.
Im going to remove the screen and put that money into more powerfull parts

Just glancing through, I noticed you chose an LED monitor. If your friend is only using it for casual things, and a tiny bit of gaming, it doesn't matter. But if you want my opinion, LCD monitors > LED monitors. LED is better for television.

Why's that? I think you're confusing terms with technologies, but please feel free to correct me, just trying to understand where you're coming from. an LED monitor is just an LCD monitor with LED backlighting which is usually stronger and more true to color than the usual method of backlighting a monitor. I have both sitting on my desk at work here at the moment, and the LED backlit monitor is absolutely striking compared to the non-LED monitor to the right.

The monitors are both Samsung, the LED model is the EX2220, and the other one is the 206BW.

Remeniz is, as usual, spot on with the CPU & GPU recommendations.

Why's that? I think you're confusing terms with technologies, but please feel free to correct me, just trying to understand where you're coming from. an LED monitor is just an LCD monitor with LED backlighting which is usually stronger and more true to color than the usual method of backlighting a monitor. I have both sitting on my desk at work here at the moment, and the LED backlit monitor is absolutely striking compared to the non-LED monitor to the right.

Your right about the LED back lighting and it does work well with LCD displays.

But they use LED technology for the actual display too. On the latest LED monitors you have very tiny red, green and blue light emitting diode pixels. How you drive each RGB LED determines the colour from black (off) to white (all on). Bunch up 5,184,000 LED's on a panel and you have a full colour HD monitor.

It works but it's really expensive technological stuff at the moment.

:)

Back
Top Bottom