For those of you who have SpeedFan

Shantei

In Runtime
Right well when you load it up at the bottom you'll see:

Vcore:
+12V:
AVcc:

..Along with the corresponding numbers. Is the Vcore the core voltage? I'm taking a guess that it is .. which brings me onto my next question. It's never healthy to raise the CPU frequency along with the core voltage is it?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm I actually can't tell whether it's the core voltage or not.... :|

Edit: Oops. Was supposed to edit this in the previous post.

Also, perhaps you SHOULD increase core voltage along with overclocking .. or shouldn't you? I really don't know... :mad:

VCore is the voltage for the processor.

Once you overclock the processor to a certain point, you will have to increase the VCore a little to give it more power to run faster. This is where temperatures will start to increase dramatically though, so be wary of your temperatures after upping the VCore.

So basically, it's not necessary to modify it, but if you really want to push your processor then yes, you'll have to increase it. Basically, increase it just like you would the FSB. Take it one little step at a time.

I think there is only one thing I can add into freestylers post.
Be VERY carefull when increasing vcore, it's the number one thing to modify if you want to hear a boom. (well you won't hear a boom, but a high voltage will fry the cpu)

Well, as long as you increase it in baby steps, nothing will go wrong. Before something serious occurs, the CMOS will just reset.

Well, as long as you increase it in baby steps, nothing will go wrong. Before something serious occurs, the CMOS will just reset.

The default voltage is set at 1.35. It goes in increments of 0.25v to a total of 1.4 .. so, that's only two more than it's default. But I'm thinking 0.25v is a lot for one increment isn't it?

Which takes me to my next question: Does increasing my CPU to 2.60GHz from 2.20GHz require me to make any adjustments in my vcore?

Also my next question is .. is 400MHz worth it? I have to sacrifice some RAM speed though (about 100MHz) ..

Thanks in advance!

Whwell what processor is it and be very carefull with the v core , i thinka .25increase willbe fine for thatoverclock if youneed any at all . i can get my northwood P4 from 2.8ghz to 3.5 before it becomes unstable on stock voltage so try just upping fsb before voltage

Whwell what processor is it and be very carefull with the v core , i thinka .25increase willbe fine for thatoverclock if youneed any at all . i can get my northwood P4 from 2.8ghz to 3.5 before it becomes unstable on stock voltage so try just upping fsb before voltage

It is the FSB I'm upping .. you're luck you can get it that high .. mine won't go more than 400MHz.

It is the FSB I'm upping .. you're luck you can get it that high .. mine won't go more than 400MHz.

i never us it overclocked anyway seeingas i dont game, i just did it as an experriemnt , also i didnt wanna raise voltage cos of northwood sudden deat syndrome and i think the high multiplier of 21 helps out

and what processor is yours ?

i never us it overclocked anyway seeingas i dont game, i just did it as an experriemnt , also i didnt wanna raise voltage cos of northwood sudden deat syndrome and i think the high multiplier of 21 helps out

and what processor is yours ?

4200+

Back
Top Bottom